LMG video hosting

mbstone

Hope this doesn't strike any nerves; it's my first post here and have been thinking about it since February.

In regards to the YouTube drama Linus referred to in his "Addressing the drama" could LMG host their own video platform like YT, Vimeo, etc. and use it as a viable alternative and bring in income? They already advertise (have sponsors) embedded within each video that brings in cash, and the videos are monetized. My guess is it could take a long time break even with initial investments, but surely, after some users upload their own content, and time, it would happen. 

Thanks in advance and hope this doesn't break any rules. 

Floatplane.com

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 hours ago, mbstone said:

Well, there you have it! 

Yeah they've been developing their own VOD platform for over a year now. They started basically immediately after Vessel shut down, which was in late 2016 - so it might have been 2 years ago that they started?

Anyhow, Floatplane is likely never going to be a true competitor to YouTube, but for a small niche audience, and a small number of creators, it could very well be a useful platform.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)