Upgraded my 860m to a 1060m in a GT70 Dominator - Got the .inf sorted but lost MAIN Laptop screen / Microsoft driver 4600 (switching not possible)

3Dguyz

(ADDED  THIS HERE FOR CLARITY)

I Updated my GT70 from a 860M vid card to a 1060M video card.

It required a Updated firmware for the Laptop.  I updated it and that made the    GT70 2PC   to  GT70 OCD   (recommended update to be compatible with the new 1060)

Then installing the Video card required the  .inf  file to be Modded with the native HARDWARE ID's Code that THIS 1060 had (found through properties)  (1C60&_11FF1462&REV_A1) this is used to drop into  the sections which are close.

This works and it picks up the driver and has to be installed with driver signing TURNED OFF

It loads and i have the drivers for NVIDIA 1060m but  when it happens it looses the installed   Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (which in windows 10 is installed automatically) 

I cannot reinstall the Intel Graphics 4600 it gets a failure (error code 43 ,driver version 20.19.15.4531,  from 9/29/2016) why ..I do not know.

So it now will not allow switching between  a low powered needs(we browsing) and  HIGH powered needs   (Games, Photoshop, lightroom, premiere)

so getting the Intel graphics 4600 Back on is my goal.

Edited by 3Dguyz

It worked for a time ... then  it stopped.... with no updates as far as i can  tell....   But it seems something where the   INTEL GRAPHICS wont work with the NVIDIA Graphics..

It has to be an WINDOWS 10 issue as it loaded in win 8.1 fin then stopped working .

18 hours ago, 3Dguyz said:

It worked for a time ... then  it stopped.... with no updates as far as i can  tell....   But it seems something where the   INTEL GRAPHICS wont work with the NVIDIA Graphics..

Can you elaborate as to what exactly this means?

Your laptop will only use one of the two GPUs installed, either the Nvidia dedicated or Intel integrated.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Can you elaborate as to what exactly this means?

Your laptop will only use one of the two GPUs installed, either the Nvidia dedicated or Intel integrated.

Ok, I Updated my GT70 from a 860M vid card to a 1060M video card.

It required a Updated firmware for the Laptop.  I updated it and that made the    GT70 2PC   to  GT70 OCD   (recommended update to be compatible with the new 1060)

Then installing the Video card required the  .inf  file to be Modded with the native HARDWARE ID's Code that THIS 1060 had (found through properties)  (1C60&_11FF1462&REV_A1) this is used to drop into  the sections which are close.

This works and it picks up the driver and has to be installed with driver signing TURNED OFF

It loads and i have the drivers for NVIDIA 1060m but  when it happens it looses the installed   Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (which in windows 10 is installed automatically) 

I cannot reinstall the Intel Graphics 4600 it gets a failure (error code 43 ,driver version 20.19.15.4531,  from 9/29/2016) why ..I do not know.

So it now will not allow switching between  a low powered needs(we browsing) and  HIGH powered needs   (Games, Photoshop, lightroom, premiere)

so getting the Intel graphics 4600 Back on is my goal.

thanks for listening @Crunchy Dragon 

Can you DDU both and reinstall latest Intel HD and then Nvidia driver? Disable window update.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Can you DDU both and reinstall latest Intel HD and then Nvidia driver? Disable window update.

I have but i will do again..... What is the Most up-to-date Intel 4600. Seems windows finds a newer one.

4 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

I have but i will do again..... What is the Most up-to-date Intel 4600. Seems windows finds a newer one.

this did not work. but i tried for redundancy sake.