Wireless Gaming

Good day.

In the (hopefully) not to distant future i plan to upgrade my basic PC with I mind blowing GT710. On the back of that beast will be HDMI port. (a similar build to the $69 gaming PC)

Now the main thing is i want to go fully wireless on one of the monitors attached to that PC. one will be stationary at the desk. The other will be a monitor which will be sometime at the desk and sometime close to the bed for late night gaming sessions. 

What i want to do is be able to work at the pc during the day and at night sit at the tv or bed and play games or work there. all wireless (except for the monitor power cord). All the peripherals will be wireless mouse keyboard and headphones. I want to transmit signal over wireless HDMI to the monitor over a distance of about 6 or 7 meters.

Now the question is, Is this possible?

A wireless display and peripherals for gaming and other tasks. Most likely games GTA 4, crysis, Saints Row and various other open world, racing and first person shooter games. 

Also what HDMI transmitter should i use for best bang for the buck?

Thanks for any help 

Vincent.

For gaming wireless HDMI is bad

It all depends on the walls of your house.

Its fine for sports as seen here

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Wireless HDMI sounds like a really bad thing for gaming (latency), especially if it isn't some ultra expensive >10ghz stuff.

I would just buy a 15-20 meter HDMI cable, and would route it over the ceiling etc, and would call it a day.

But wireless keyboard and mouse are fine, if they have a direct sight to the receiver.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 hours ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

For gaming wireless HDMI is bad

It all depends on the walls of your house.

Its fine for sports as seen here

I have actually watched that exact video just before posting.

And yes its over an open air area. Maybe a high bookshelf in the way but now walls brick or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Wireless HDMI sounds like a really bad thing for gaming (latency), especially if it isn't some ultra expensive >10ghz stuff.

I would just buy a 15-20 meter HDMI cable, and would route it over the ceiling etc, and would call it a day.

But wireless keyboard and mouse are fine, if they have a direct sight to the receiver.

But the problem here is that the monitor could have two other spots except for the location at the PC so a cable wood be a bit dificult since i will move this at any time of day and want to do it as easy as possible. kinda like a laptop. but i can't upgrade my laptop cause can't afford that right now.

Mostly open air area as I said only a bookcase may be in the way. but otherwise no walls or anything.

I think your best bet for wireless gaming would be to use one of the streaming setups like steam in home streaming, nvidia game streaming, whatever microsofts baked in thing is. Find a small computer like a raspberry pi or something and mount it on the back of your monitor and set the whole thing up like that. Would be a bit more work but would work pretty seamlessly.

10 hours ago, imbrock said:

I think your best bet for wireless gaming would be to use one of the streaming setups like steam in home streaming, nvidia game streaming, whatever microsofts baked in thing is. Find a small computer like a raspberry pi or something and mount it on the back of your monitor and set the whole thing up like that. Would be a bit more work but would work pretty seamlessly.

mm would look into that. any YouTube vids or so to recommend.