Loud HDD

Hi everyone.
I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 with:
i7-7700HQ @2.8 GHz
16GB RAM
SK Hynix SC311 SATA 128GB SSD
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD
And a GTX 1050 Ti

I noticed that the 2 TB HDD is making noticeable noise, even on idle. I know that it's the HDD because when I removed it the noise stopped.
My question is:
Can I eliminate some of the noise by buying an SSD like the Samsung MZ-76E1T0B 1TB (which is 49% on sale)? Do SSDs even make noise? Or is there another way to eliminate the noise form my HDD?
Thank you so much :).

1. Good PC case can eliminate noise.

2. SSD is silent, it not generating any sound.

Just now, homeap5 said:

1. Good PC case can eliminate noise.

I'm using a laptop ^^

i have a QVO 1tb i like it its not as fast as my other EVO drive at read and writes but for the price its more than worth it and the speed boost you will get will be awesome compared to spinning rust. if its making ticking noises from a HDD mean its dieing and i would replace it if its doing that sooner rather than later  all SSDs are dead silent from what i have experienced.

2 hours ago, varthe said:

I'm using a laptop ^^

SSDs are ideal for laptops. I have one in three defferent notebooks.

2 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

i have a QVO 1tb i like it its not as fast as my other EVO drive at read and writes but for the price its more than worth it and the speed boost you will get will be awesome compared to spinning rust. if its making ticking noises from a HDD mean its dieing and i would replace it if its doing that sooner rather than later  all SSDs are dead silent from what i have experienced.

I agree that SSDs are dead silent. They have no moving parts.

However, I do not recommend the QVOs. The EVOs don't cost that much more, will be faster (especially as they pass 50% full), and last longer. They also have a five vs. the three year warranty of the QVO. somedsay, the QVOs will be as good as the EVOS are now but the QVOs just aren't ready for prime time just yet.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

2 hours ago, varthe said:
Hi everyone.
I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 with:
i7-7700HQ @2.8 GHz
16GB RAM
SK Hynix SC311 SATA 128GB SSD
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD
And a GTX 1050 Ti

I noticed that the 2 TB HDD is making noticeable noise, even on idle. I know that it's the HDD because when I removed it the noise stopped.
My question is:
Can I eliminate some of the noise by buying an SSD like the Samsung MZ-76E1T0B 1TB (which is 49% on sale)? Do SSDs even make noise? Or is there another way to eliminate the noise form my HDD?
Thank you so much :).

Definatly get an SSD, it may cost more but its worth it for the boot times and the noise reduction. 

One Love.

ATB☯️

I used an SSD on my Acer Aspire 3 and I haven't noticed any noise since(plus I have a bit of a performance boost!). Overall, I would recommend getting an SSD. The one thing I would look out for is Secure Boot because that's what tripped me up. Make sure you're able to boot from the new drive before getting rid of the old one!

Discord: Breadpudding#9078

GitHub: https://github.com/cbpudding

Programming Guild: https://discord.gg/7ZVbxXT