Can’t Boot into Windows HELP

I just installed my new 970 Pro and I was using the Samsung Migration software. It failed at 100% then restarted but I got a 0xc0000098 error. I’ve tried a number of things but I end up getting a 0xc000000d error code. I made a system image but I used easeus to change my boot drive to GPT AFTER I made my image (FML I am dumb) and now I can’t restore from that image. 

I don’t know what to do at this point. I still have my system image so I have my data but I’m worried that if I just try to format my HDD and make it MBR again that it won’t work. 

Help plz LTT fam.

Also, any ideas on migration after I get this resolved would be great. I have a full copy of easeus master 11 but it didn’t work the first time I tried it. 

Make a image of your current SSD with a Linux live boot USB, then reinstall windows onto the 970 Pro. Then work from there.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Just now, ImAlsoRan said:

Make a image of your current SSD with a Linux live boot USB, then reinstall windows onto the 970 Pro. Then work from there.

Can you give me some resources on how to do that? Also basically what you’re saying is to make a system image of my current drive (HDD btw) with the Linux tool and install windows onto the 970? And then what? Is there an easy way for me to pull all of my files to it or what?

1 minute ago, va7icana55asin said:

Can you give me some resources on how to do that? Also basically what you’re saying is to make a system image of my current drive (HDD btw) with the Linux tool and install windows onto the 970? And then what? Is there an easy way for me to pull all of my files to it or what?

I’m saying to make images of all your drives with a tool on Linux (there are tools you can find on Google), and then extract those images to your drives.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

7 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

I’m saying to make images of all your drives with a tool on Linux (there are tools you can find on Google), and then extract those images to your drives.

Hmmm. Ok. I’ll see what I can find I guess. Thanks

Still open to other suggestions or thoughts. Looking into Linux stuff that was mentioned before but not sure if I’ll have the expertise or resources to do it. 

Slight update. It has come to my attention that there are two Windows Boot Manager entries in my boot menu and they point to the same drive but give different error codes. 

Like the comment provider earlier. You can try : Running a live linux usb or such to boot in to recover your files you need and do a windows format and installation.

Now to do that, Resources you need are :
1. Another system or Laptop.
2. A USB stick
3. Rufus (Software)

4. A live linux Iso : Small one http://puppylinux.org

Now make a bootable pendrive and use that to boot into your non booting system.
Steps and procedure : https://www.winhelp.us/recover-files-using-puppy-linux.html
You can use the file manager inside that one to access your hard disks and copy files into an external HD or so if you have one. Or move the files to another drive and then do a format only on the c drive. when you go to install windows.

5 minutes ago, Screen said:

Like the comment provider earlier. You can try : Running a live linux usb or such to boot in to recover your files you need and do a windows format and installation.

Now to do that, Resources you need are :
1. Another system or Laptop.
2. A USB stick
3. Rufus (Software)

4. A live linux Iso : Small one http://puppylinux.org

Now make a bootable pendrive and use that to boot into your non booting system.
You can use the file manager inside that one to access your hard disks and copy files into an external HD or so if you have one. Or move the files to another drive and then do a format only on the c drive. when you go to install windows.

Ok. That’s a little bit more clear to me now. It just occurred to me though that my copy of Windows is using a Windows Insider key that they handed out at full release a couple years back (I was apart of the program since they launched it) so I don’t believe there’s anyway for me to transfer my key. Is there no way for me to fix the errors that I am getting?

5 minutes ago, va7icana55asin said:

Ok. That’s a little bit more clear to me now. It just occurred to me though that my copy of Windows is using a Windows Insider key that they handed out at full release a couple years back (I was apart of the program since they launched it) so I don’t believe there’s anyway for me to transfer my key. Is there no way for me to fix the errors that I am getting?

I don't really see how it will be a good idea to fix the errors by some methods since the HDD settings are all messed up now. A format and install is the safe bet now to prevent it from getting more errors or troubles later during some updates or such.

The key might be linked to your ms account, if that;s the case then the new formatted one will automattically activate upon adding your account.

8 minutes ago, Screen said:

I don't really see how it will be a good idea to fix the errors by some methods since the HDD settings are all messed up now. A format and install is the safe bet now to prevent it from getting more errors or troubles later during some updates or such.

The key might be linked to your ms account, if that;s the case then the new formatted one will automattically activate upon adding your account.

Fair enough. I guess that’s what I’ll have to do then. If I do a clean install on my 970, is there any reason I would still need a Linux boot? If I do an install, would I not be able to access my old drive if I assign it a drive letter?

2 minutes ago, va7icana55asin said:

Fair enough. I guess that’s what I’ll have to do then. If I do a clean install on my 970, is there any reason I would still need a Linux boot? If I do an install, would I not be able to access my old drive if I assign it a drive letter?

The linux boot is there to recover your files before you do the clean install. If you are ok with losing the files then you don't have to do the linux step and directly format and install windows all together. 
Your situation is expressed quite complicatedly in the tread for any one to figure out your current condition. Thus recover. clean install to get back to a working condition.

Just now, Screen said:

The linux boot is there to recover your files before you do the clean install. If you are ok with losing the files then you don't have to do the linux step and directly format and install windows all together. 
Your situation is expressed quite complicatedly in the tread for any one to figure out your current condition. Thus recover. clean install to get back to a working condition.

Well I’ll be clean installing to my 970 Pro not my current drive if anything then I’ll just move my files from there. Sorry for all the confusion