PS2 Clock Dead (even after new battery)

So...yeah. the clock on my PS2 Slimline died. It stays stuck on 12:00am 1/1/2000. It won't even let me change it. I've tried a new battery but still no good.

I was going to check all the contacts and traces to see if I accidently broke something whilst changing the laser, but my eyes can't make out what is what.

Model: SCPH-700012

-Forrest

I just experienced this recently on the exact same model. I had to keep trying over and over again till it finally started letting me set it. Not sure what was up with that. It was an eBay special that I had to change the battery in.

Like I said, it took a lot of messing around in the menus till it eventually started letting me set it. Had to do it twice cause first time, I was just testing it and realized the battery was bad after unplugging it and moving it, then again after changing the battery. I feel like one particular action made it start working both times but I don't remember what it was. I wanna say that I had to go through the clock options (press triangle with the clock selected) and set the clock format, date format, time zone and daylight savings settings before it started letting me set the date and time.