GPU Recommendation

Zippin96

I am looking to get a decent GPU. I want something that will run most sandbox type games with decent graphic settings, and good FPS, but I want to to do that without breaking the bank. Any advice?

Thanks,

Jacob

Just now, Zippin96 said:

I am looking to get a decent GPU. I want something that will run most sandbox type games with decent graphic settings, and good FPS, but I want to to do that without breaking the bank. Any advice?

Thanks,

Jacob

We need a bit more than that, I'm afraid. What's your price range for the card? A GTX 1070Ti is a pretty good performer for the money, and certainly a lot less expensive than a 2080Ti, but still a lot more expensive than an RX580, for example. 

What games specifically do you care about? What's "good FPS" for you? What resolution? 

33 minutes ago, German_John said:

We need a bit more than that, I'm afraid. What's your price range for the card? A GTX 1070Ti is a pretty good performer for the money, and certainly a lot less expensive than a 2080Ti, but still a lot more expensive than an RX580, for example. 

What games specifically do you care about? What's "good FPS" for you? What resolution? 

I am looking to play games like Skyrim, Far Cry 5, Just Cause 3/4, PUBG. At least 50 frames, looking to run at 1080p. I am no sure of a price range yet, but it will most likely be around $400 at the max. I don't have an exact price range yet, because I am saving to upgrade my processor. I am just wondering about a GPU so that I can keep my eyes and ears out for deals.

7 minutes ago, Zippin96 said:

I am no sure of a price range yet, but it will most likely be around $400 at the max. I don't have an exact price range yet, because I am saving to upgrade my processor. I am just wondering about a GPU so that I can keep my eyes and ears out for deals.

a gtx1660ti / $280 will suite you best at 1080P , very solid fps and perform same as gtx 1070, 

so you have more budget on other stuff

10 minutes ago, Zippin96 said:

I am looking to play games like Skyrim, Far Cry 5, Just Cause 3/4, PUBG. At least 50 frames, looking to run at 1080p. I am no sure of a price range yet, but it will most likely be around $400 at the max. I don't have an exact price range yet, because I am saving to upgrade my processor. I am just wondering about a GPU so that I can keep my eyes and ears out for deals.

Have a look at the 1660(Ti)

perfect 1080p card

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Zippin96 said:

-snip-

Just now, moadoc19 said:

This is the RTX 2060, the best GPU under 400$.

Pretty much. If you want to save about a hundred bucks, an RX590 will also push 60+ fps at 1080p High or Ultra in the games you mentioned. If you can spare the budget, the 2060 will be a better card. A 1660 Ti will perform somewhere in the middle, while being a lot cheaper than the 2060, but a bit more expensive than the RX 590. 

Make sure you get 6GB of VRAM, though. 3GB is probably fine for 1080 for now, but it'll hurt in the future for sure.

Yeah and make sure to have a look at the RX580 8GB good card and handles 1080p well . It is a good option if you want to have more leftover for the CPU

10 minutes ago, moadoc19 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rMhKHx/zotac-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-gaming-video-card-zt-t20600f-10m

This is the RTX 2060, the best GPU under 400$. It will do 1080p and 1440p no problem and pretty good frame rates.

not that good of a 2060, it's a little loud

but outside of that i won't complain

Just now, Zippin96 said:

because I am saving to upgrade my processor. 

Also, if the most CPU intensive thing you'll do is gaming, anything faster than a current gen i5 won't do you much good.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

not that good of a 2060, it's a little loud

but outside of that i won't complain

Well it is good enough,he can get a better one for a bit more but keep in mind he wants to upgrade his CPU so savin some money for that is a good idea

4 minutes ago, moadoc19 said:

Well it is good enough,he can get a better one for a bit more but keep in mind he wants to upgrade his CPU so savin some money for that is a good idea

with something like a pro4 there's better for the money... that's why

it's not that bad, but there's better

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

with something like a pro4 there's better for the money... that's why

imo, OP is saving up for zen 2, lets wait and see

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

imo, OP is saving up for zen 2, lets wait and see

msi recently released their validated for zen 2 list, both are on the list