Audio seems to be bleeding through to mic

PepperedJerky

Before I explain the problem in detail, this is what I have already checked:

• "Listen to this device" is not selected.
  • Stereo mix is not enabled.
  • It is not simply my mic picking up audio through my headset, as I have recorded in Audacity while my volume was set to 0 using the physical slider on my headset, and could still hear my computer audio in the recording.
  • I am using Realtek drivers, and "Tie up same type of input jacks" is not selected in my Realktek HD Audio Manager.

Additional info: 

• Headset I am using is a Corsair HS60
  • Headset connects to my computer via USB connection.
  • I am using iCUE software from Corsair to tweak headset audio.
  • Audio driver is by Realtek
  • Mobo is an MSI Z270-A Pro

I have had this problem before with my previous headset, which had 2 3.5mm jacks (audio and mic), and I was able to solve it by simply using the 3.5mm input on the back I/O panel of my computer. My new headset however only has one 3.5mm jack on it, a TRRS 3.5mm jack (So it has 4 total connections, since it carries both audio and mic data). This new headset of mine came with a 3.5mm TRRS to USB adapter, which is what I'm using to connect my headset to my computer.

With this new headset, I am now having this problem again. Any ideas what may be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

Get a 3.5mm TRRS to 2x 3.5mm TRS adapter.

The TRRS connection type shares a ground in the wire itself, and you may never get away from the crosstalk.

This is also why you get crosstalk on front panel connections, the wire that connects to the MB has a ground shared between the mic and headphones.

5 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Get a 3.5mm TRRS to 2x 3.5mm TRS adapter.

The TRRS connection type shares a ground in the wire itself, and you may never get away from the crosstalk.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking I'll have to do, just curious what exactly is causing this problem, and why using the back 3.5mm jacks solves the problem when using separate audio and mic jack headphones. I'm thinking it's not the headphones, but the mobo.

Edited by PepperedJerky

2 minutes ago, PepperedJerky said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking I'll have to do, just curious what exactly is causing this problem, and why using the back 3.5mm jacks solves the problem when using separate audio and mic jack headphones. I'm thinking it's not the headphones, but the mobo.

I added explanation to my post.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

I added explanation to my post.

Ah I see, that explains everything. Thanks for the info :)

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I know this topic is old, but if someone still has the problem can they turn on stereo mix from the audio devices and mute it manually and check if it fixed your problem.