Gunk in my loop

Hi guys, spotted this in my loop last night. Tried to match it to some other cases to identify it and it looks like some manufacturers gunk from the radiator. Anyone know what this might be? Tubing is PETG and it’s Mayhems X1 coolant.

E03268C9-A3E9-4F88-9154-CA4AC84BDD99.jpeg

9EEA35F1-72BC-4D17-8545-524A7C04ADA3.jpeg

Did you flush your radiator and/or components prior to filling and running your loop?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I think it could be 2 things:

1) As you mentioned it could be from the radiator I believe it is some kind of joint sealer 

2) It could actually be from the cooling liquid

I remember when mayhems and jayz2cents had a falling out about something similar to this where it ended up being a defect on mayhems end but they should have fixed it by now. 

Flushing radiators is important and I think it is likely the issue here.

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I think it could be 2 things:

1) As you mentioned it could be from the radiator I believe it is some kind of joint sealer 

2) It could actually be from the cooling liquid

I remember when mayhems and jayz2cents had a falling out about something similar to this where it ended up being a defect on mayhems end but they should have fixed it by now. 

Flushing radiators is important and I think it is likely the issue here.

My system was assembled by a third party who has assured me that it was flushed. I guess my main question would be is there an immediate problem or is it something I can fixed during the next maintenance?

4 minutes ago, Acaelius said:

My system was assembled by a third party who has assured me that it was flushed. I guess my main question would be is there an immediate problem or is it something I can fixed during the next maintenance?

It's not going to be healthy for your pump.

I'd advise you drain the loop, do your own flushing, pull apart your blocks and clean the microfins, and put it all back together.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

1 minute ago, Acaelius said:

It could gunk up your water blocks (it probably is bound to happen eventually) which isn't that hard to fix most are serviceable. Worst case is it damages your pump but I haven't ever heard of that happening not saying it can't either.

Guess I’ll have to do that maintenance quicker than I thought. Thanks for the assistance guys.

3 minutes ago, Acaelius said:

Guess I’ll have to do that maintenance quicker than I thought. Thanks for the assistance guys.

By any chance are there any thermaltake products in the loop? I guess they have zinc alloy in them and it causes a bad reaction with mayhems.

15 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

By any chance are there any thermaltake products in the loop? I guess they have zinc alloy in them and it causes a bad reaction with mayhems.

Not that I’m aware of it’s all EK

1 hour ago, Acaelius said:

Hi guys, spotted this in my loop last night. Tried to match it to some other cases to identify it and it looks like some manufacturers gunk from the radiator. Anyone know what this might be? Tubing is PETG and it’s Mayhems X1 coolant.imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

As said that just looks to be sediment or dust from manufacturing that was not completely flushed out. As for that custom block/motherboard tray that looks fine all I see there is some minor air bubbles that are trapped probably due to some oring grease that was used during the installation process which is pretty standard.