I need help with my first PC

Revur
1 minute ago, Slottr said:

For sure. I guess I oversaw that you probably wouldnt overclock (right?), and the 2070 would help. Though I personally don't feel it is worth the extra tax for it on 1080p. If you think you can use it though, by all means

overclock? and if you think this is the better build with more performance abilities than I shall choose it.  BTW how many frames should i expect to be pushing on games like fortnite, gta r6 seige.  (mainly fortnite)

2 minutes ago, Revur said:

overclock? and if you think this is the better build with more performance abilities than I shall choose it.  BTW how many frames should i expect to be pushing on games like fortnite, gta r6 seige.  (mainly fortnite)

Overclocking is pushing the speed of a component above the stock speeds by adjusting its clock and voltage

I can't imagine that you'd be anywhere under 144 fps at any time

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Overclocking is pushing the speed of a component above the stock speeds by adjusting its clock and voltage

I can't imagine that you'd be anywhere under 144 fps at any time

ok sounds good, so that build he posted matched with a 144hz 1080p monitor should be fine? and what is the best specs of a monitor I can possibly run with that build? (most likely my last question lol) thank you so much!

1 minute ago, Revur said:

ok sounds good, so that build he posted matched with a 144hz 1080p monitor should be fine? and what is the best specs of a monitor I can possibly run with that build? (most likely my last question lol) thank you so much!

Yeah it'll be very very good for 1080p 144hz.

I'd be using this for something like 1440 100hz or in and around there.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yeah it'll be very very good for 1080p 144hz.

I'd be using this for something like 1440 100hz or in and around there.

really the fact that its 100hz and not 144 doesnt affect it

3 minutes ago, Revur said:

really the fact that its 100hz and not 144 doesnt affect it

1440p is a harder resolution to spit out than 1080p is, 

Refresh rate of a monitor is how many times the monitor refreshes/second, giving it that smoothness.

Dropping below the refresh rate in frames per second, you might see some funky stuff like tearing and such.

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

1440p is a harder resolution to spit out than 1080p is, 

Refresh rate of a monitor is how many times the monitor refreshes/second, giving it that smoothness.

Dropping below the refresh rate in frames per second, you might see some funky stuff like tearing and such.

ok i think i get it, so the 1440 is the way to go, is it cheaper or more expensive, and is there a recomended model?

9 minutes ago, Revur said:

ok i think i get it, so the 1440 is the way to go, is it cheaper or more expensive, and is there a recomended model?

Higher resolution displays tend to get more expensive. However I would stick to your 1080p plan, live out your new system for as long as you can. You don't seem like you need a higher resolution display. Difference between 1080p and 1440 is fairly minimal anyways

23 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Higher resolution displays tend to get more expensive. However I would stick to your 1080p plan, live out your new system for as long as you can. You don't seem like you need a higher resolution display. Difference between 1080p and 1440 is fairly minimal anyways

sounds good, so i will go with that 1080 monitor and the build the other guy recommended! Thank you for everything

here a build I put together for you. Good thing is going AMD route you can upgrade in the future to a new CPU without the need to upgrade your motherboard. also as you want to game and stream I would recommend AMD. Better at multitasking and everyday use.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

12 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

here a build I put together for you. Good thing is going AMD route you can upgrade in the future to a new CPU without the need to upgrade your motherboard. also as you want to game and stream I would recommend AMD. Better at multitasking and everyday use.

Thank you so much for this list! I talked to one of the tech experts at Best Buy and he agreed on the AMD being better for multitasking so I will definitely go this route, my only question is, i wont need a cooling fan because it is already in these parts correct? and how many fps can i expect to be pushing? at least 144?

@Revur

with the 2700x a wraith cooler comes included. 

Hitting that 144fps will depends on the settings and resolution. Also depends what game you play - some are more GPU bound than others 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD