PS4 Help

mradr_45

Recently, as of 4 months ago I have had an issue with my PlayStation 4 (original) and my wifi. It seems as if everytime I turn on the PlayStation every device in my home using the WiFi, their connection is bad and very very slow. I use a TP-Link extender as well as a TP-Link router. I've asked PS Support and they sent me to their online help, but that gave me no help at all. I have tried switching the channels in my router website, as well as a wired connection. Someone also suggested that I place the PS4 further away as well as closer to the router and see if that helps, which it did not change anything. My PS4 worked at another home prior to this, but I have not been able to check it at another house with a different router type to check if it was the PS4 or my router. I have a local ISP that is only known in my area so most probably won't know who it is. Any help would be appreciated.

So when you power on your system, all other devices seem to experience degraded internet connection?

Login to the web server interface for your router and you should have access to other tools to help diagnose this issue. The issue would be your router, not the console.

You should be able to get the Ip address of your router by opening a command prompt window and enter "ipconfig /all"

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

On 4/11/2019 at 1:13 AM, mradr_45 said:

I use a TP-Link extender as well as a TP-Link router. I

wich model, what WLAN Standard?
5GHz??
2.4GHz??

You know that WLAN is a shared service, wich means that the Bandwith of whatever is shared between all devices on the same Network.

So if there is a device that downloads a bit, it obviously slows down the WLan...

Even connected and transfering only small amounts of data might tank the performance when the Signal isn't good...

The best solution is to use a Cable.

Or to replace your Router with a more modern one, that supports AC

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"