PC won't turn on

Seiji

Few months ago my PC started acting strange, after pressing the power button it would take a couple of minutes to power up (not boot up), I didn't think much of it since it started powering up normally after a while.

Then the problem came back, but this time it would take from 10 minutes to hours to even power up. Now it doesn't power up at all, only the video card light turns on.

PC specs:

• Windows 10 64bits
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • GTX 1060 6gb
  • MSI B350 Tomahawk
  • Seasonic SSR-650FX (previously I was using a Corsair CX430M)
  • Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb(8x2) 2666mhz

PC was built 1 and a half year ago.

Things i've tried:

1. Reconnected ALL cables and used new ones (24 pin, cpu, pci, etc).
  2. Checked if power supply was on.
  3. Tried shorting the power pins manually in the motherboard.
  4. Tried different power outlets.
  5. Tested a brand new PSU.
  6. Connected the Rams into different slots.

If there are any informations that I forgot to mention please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

15548870668115906313629532449925.jpg

4 minutes ago, Seiji said:

Few months ago my PC started acting strange, after pressing the power button it would take a couple of minutes to power up (not boot up), I didn't think much of it since it started powering up normally after a while.

Then the problem came back, but this time it would take from 10 minutes to hours to even power up. Now it doesn't power up at all, only the video card light turns on.

PC specs:

• Windows 10 64bits
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • GTX 1060 6gb
  • MSI B350 Tomahawk
  • Seasonic SSR-650FX (previously I was using a Corsair CX430M)
  • Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb(8x2) 2666mhz

PC was built 1 and a half year ago.

Things i've tried:

1. Reconnected ALL cables and used new ones (24 pin, cpu, pci, etc).
  2. Checked if power supply was on.
  3. Tried shorting the power pins manually in the motherboard.
  4. Tried different power outlets.
  5. Tested a brand new PSU.
  6. Connected the Rams into different slots.

If there are any informations that I forgot to mention please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

15548870668115906313629532449925.jpg

I'm not sure, but to me that sounds like something on your mobo isn't right... At first I was thinking PSU, but you mentioned you tried a different one so that can't be it (assuming that one works okay) I have to be really honest here, not sure how you could check if it's the mobo without testing a completely different one and placing everything on the other board...

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

9 minutes ago, Dioneyesos said:

I'm not sure, but to me that sounds like something on your mobo isn't right... At first I was thinking PSU, but you mentioned you tried a different one so that can't be it (assuming that one works okay) I have to be really honest here, not sure how you could check if it's the mobo without testing a completely different one and placing everything on the other board...

That's what I thought but I didn't want that to be the problem, since I don't have another one I can't really test it, I guess I'm gonna have to get a new one then...

4 minutes ago, Seiji said:

That's what I thought but I didn't want that to be the problem, since I don't have another one I can't really test it, I guess I'm gonna have to get a new one then...

Maybe you can try contacting the company that sold you the board, ask if they have heard of the issue and might know a solution. 

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

Im not an expert, but i had a similar problem. I replaced the battery on the mobo, and all was fine. Dont know why it worked, just happy it did. No idea if it will work for you, but its a much cheaper 1st step than getn a new mobo all together. Might be worth trying.

maybe resetting the BIOS could do something - maybe some of the voltage settings are incorrect.

57 minutes ago, Wurf said:

Im not an expert, but i had a similar problem. I replaced the battery on the mobo, and all was fine. Dont know why it worked, just happy it did. No idea if it will work for you, but its a much cheaper 1st step than getn a new mobo all together. Might be worth trying.

23 minutes ago, ranshaa05 said:

maybe resetting the BIOS could do something - maybe some of the voltage settings are incorrect.

Both options might work. As usual, I was thinking way to complicated ?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Replacing battery didn't work, so i went and bought a new mobo praying that it would work.

And it did, PC turned on normally.

Thank you guys for the answers :D