(Germany) PC for Competitive Gaming.

G1K777

Hello dear LTT fam,

I'm not following the tech lately and I want to buy a new gaming pc.

I will play mostly competitive games with a high refresh rate monitor, not sure if 1440p 144hz or 1080p 240hz. It doesn't need to run everything maxed out, I was playing mostly high res, 8xMSAA, mesh details high, texture mid/high, effects low/mid (depending what), shadows mid/high.

Games I Play:

1. Battlefield
  2. Call of Duty
  3. CSGO
  4. Apex Legends

I sold my old gaming pc and I have no parts except the Scythe Ashura Shadow cooler.

It's possible that I will stream stuff but if I decide to do so, I want a dual system. I'm really looking into getting the Pantheks Enthoo Mini XL case.

If I decide to stream I can simply buy the dual-system upgrade and turn it into a dual system.

The stream PC would look something like a Ryzen 2600 + ITX mobo setup but I'm not looking now into streaming.

Let's say that the PantheksEnthoo Mini XL is a must have case in this build.

What I've found is this here:

1. i5 9600K
  2. RTX 2070
  3. G.Skill 16Gb 3600Mhz
  4. MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC
  5. BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W
    = about 1150 Euros. (Prices in Germany are different than in the US. Can't really convert the price)

Here is a link where everything including specs is listed and where I'm getting my parts from:

https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1189710

I'm also thinking about getting a 9900K and some decent hardware so all I would need to do is to upgrade the GPU later on.

You can search for parts here:

https://geizhals.de/?m=1

AMD FX8320 | GTX660 | 4x4GB DDR3 | LG ZR2740W

Logitech Wireless Pro  | Logitech G413 | Nuforce uDAC5  | AKG K612

What you have will be good for 1080p 144-240 hz

3 minutes ago, Puffing said:

What you have will be good for 1080p 144-240 hz

I just looked some things up and it seems like the 4400Mhz Ram isn't worth the 150euros more compared to 3600Mhz. Would make sense if I had the best of the best or at least 9700k + 2080, but not worth it for a 9600k + 2070.

23 minutes ago, G1K777 said:

I just looked some things up and it seems like the 4400Mhz Ram isn't worth the 150euros more compared to 3600Mhz. Would make sense if I had the best of the best or at least 9700k + 2080, but not worth it for a 9600k + 2070.

Yeah I believe even 3000 would suffice.

1 hour ago, Puffing said:

Yeah I believe even 3000 would suffice.

The price difference between 3000mhz and 3600mhz is about 10-15euros and that doesn't really matter. 10 bucks for 600mhz more, I can live with it. In the end, I can use this ram in the future for Ryzen systems when needed.

16 hours ago, G1K777 said:

The price difference between 3000mhz and 3600mhz is about 10-15euros and that doesn't really matter. 10 bucks for 600mhz more, I can live with it. In the end, I can use this ram in the future for Ryzen systems when needed.

If you do plan on streaming Ryzen would be the go, something like a 2600x (x for the higher clock) 9900k is a bit overkill imo.

8 hours ago, Puffing said:

If you do plan on streaming Ryzen would be the go, something like a 2600x (x for the higher clock) 9900k is a bit overkill imo.

Ye, but you never know what new stuff comes in the next 3-4 years.

VR looks really cool, "boneworks" makes really cool stuff.

Not sure if you got it right, but the 9900k was meant for gaming, not for streaming, because you were talking about streaming. I'm looking also forward to a 9700K. But if I look at the prices vs performance, the 9700k is really bad compared to the 9600K imho. It's like double the price for almost no FPS gain in FPS games, for sure it would work in games like starcraft, but I don't play those hehe.

9600K seems like the best choice when it comes to gaming.

The RTX 2070 is a middle ground, can prob handle 144fps on a 1440p mid/high settings.

Is BO4 or Apex supporting DLSS yet?

15 hours ago, G1K777 said:

Ye, but you never know what new stuff comes in the next 3-4 years.

VR looks really cool, "boneworks" makes really cool stuff.

Not sure if you got it right, but the 9900k was meant for gaming, not for streaming, because you were talking about streaming. I'm looking also forward to a 9700K. But if I look at the prices vs performance, the 9700k is really bad compared to the 9600K imho. It's like double the price for almost no FPS gain in FPS games, for sure it would work in games like starcraft, but I don't play those hehe.

9600K seems like the best choice when it comes to gaming.

The RTX 2070 is a middle ground, can prob handle 144fps on a 1440p mid/high settings.

Is BO4 or Apex supporting DLSS yet?

If your tackling strictly gaming then what the you have will work fine. Possibly the previous gen would work if u want to save more cash lol. 

No dlss is is still very new but eventually it may. But for good frames u might want to go with a 2080 or 2080ti w/ eventual ray trace.

16 hours ago, G1K777 said:

but the 9900k was meant for gaming, not for streaming

It really isn't meant for gaming, like you said with the 9600k vs the 9700k, there's basically no difference in gaming, and also, a single PC for gaming and streaming is the most convenient with the least overhead, so the 9900k is actually your best bet for gaming/streaming off one PC. 

But there's also gonna be new AMD CPUs in like a couple months, up to 16 cores most likely, and fast ones at that. A CPU like that would be excellent for a gaming/streaming PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you are not a professional streamer you can just use the gpu nvenc and stream with that with almost no hit for cpu.

1 hour ago, thinwalrus said:

If you are not a professional streamer you can just use the gpu nvenc and stream with that with almost no hit for cpu.

I'm familiar with OBS settings. There is a reason why I want a dedicated computer for streaming.