HyperX cloud 2 mic not working on discord/at all, windows 1803

Eirikstrand1996

hi, so for some gods know reason, my cloud 2 headset mic stopped working. but my blue snowball does.
so i have voice meeter banana but when i did that setup it worked with both mics, i did not connect voice meeter to cloud2 headset.
i have tried to disable the drive and all the commen trobleshooting.
any one have an idea? kinda don't wont to reinstall my OS

(edit) just tried to download and install cloud 2 firmware. says: HyperX cloud "" device not found. please, connect the device and restart the program.
also i tried restarting after that message.

8 minutes ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

hi, so for some gods know reason, my cloud 2 headset mic stopped working. but my blue snowball does.
so i have voice meeter banana but when i did that setup it worked with both mics, i did not connect voice meeter to cloud2 headset.
i have tried to disable the drive and all the commen trobleshooting.
any one have an idea? kinda don't wont to reinstall my OS

(edit) just tried to download and install cloud 2 firmware. says: HyperX cloud "" device not found. please, connect the device and restart the program.
also i tried restarting after that message.

Why are you using 2 mics as the same time? Your Blue Snowball would probably be better than the HyperX mic. I know tons of people who have had HyperX's and the mics are crappy.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

i also have the cloud 2's and have had this issue or similar before.  My mic would just not pick up any audio whatso ever.  After fiddiling around with software i tryied re plugging in the  audio jack into the usb hub to realize that the reason why the mic was not working is because the cable wasnt plugged in all the way.  It was slightly out and it caused the mic to stop working so i would try that and see if it works

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Just now, GabeThePCHelper said:

Why are you using 2 mics as the same time? Your Blue Snowball would probably be better than the HyperX mic. I know tons of people who have had HyperX's and the mics are crappy.

so for normal use i would like the snowball better, but the times i want to play csgo some of my friend will get mad since they can here my girfriend, tv and my keyboard, 

2 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

i also have the cloud 2's and have had this issue or similar before.  My mic would just not pick up any audio whatso ever.  After fiddiling around with software i tryied re plugging in the  audio jack into the usb hub to realize that the reason why the mic was not working is because the cable wasnt plugged in all the way.  It was slightly out and it caused the mic to stop working so i would try that and see if it works

yea, tried that, unfortunately that did not work, sadface

Just now, Eirikstrand1996 said:

so for normal use i would like the snowball better, but the times i want to play csgo some of my friend will get mad since they can here my girfriend, tv and my keyboard, 

Ah. I see, there isn't much you can do but just use the Snowball.

Try dropping your Mic Sensitivity a bit and it should cut out some of the background noise. 

And Hyper 2 mics are inherently just bad, as far as I have known and heard from other people. I have stayed away from HyperX at all costs.

( / . _ . / )

1 minute ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Ah. I see, there isn't much you can do but just use the Snowball.

Try dropping your Mic Sensitivity a bit and it should cut out some of the background noise. 

And Hyper 2 mics are inherently just bad, as far as I have known and heard from other people. I have stayed away from HyperX at all costs.

maybe its time for the good old reinstall anyways xD

Just now, Eirikstrand1996 said:

maybe its time for the good old reinstall anyways xD

That too, but if its a hardware problem there isn't anything you can do.

( / . _ . / )

Just now, GabeThePCHelper said:

That too, but if its a hardware problem there isn't anything you can do.

if thats the case, computer has to die, i can not see any other way XDDD

1 minute ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

if thats the case, computer has to die, i can not see any other way XDDD

Buy a new pair of headphones.

Corsair VOIDs have served me very well just for the headset portion, just stick a sock over the blue snowball as a makeshift pop filter, or close some doors, etc.

( / . _ . / )