How do I make my microphone sound like this?:

GorillaSTE

Been watching a comedian for a while called Sam Hyde. He makes videos on a youtube channel called, "MillionDollarExtreme2" and I've always been curious on how he makes his microphone sound so horrid to the point in which it peaks almost every time he talks into it. I've tried multiple things in the past like; increasing my gain on the mixer I use to the max (makes it loud, but thats about it), downloading audio software like VoiceMeeter and a few NCH programs, yet nothing seems to make it even remotely bad to what he has been able to accomplish. Any help is greatly appreciated!

25 minutes ago, GorillaSTE said:

Been watching a comedian for a while called Sam Hyde. He makes videos on a youtube channel called, "MillionDollarExtreme2" and I've always been curious on how he makes his microphone sound so horrid to the point in which it peaks almost every time he talks into it. I've tried multiple things in the past like; increasing my gain on the mixer I use to the max (makes it loud, but thats about it), downloading audio software like VoiceMeeter and a few NCH programs, yet nothing seems to make it even remotely bad to what he has been able to accomplish. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Plug a pair of headphones into the 3.5mm microphone port and talk directly into the ear muffs. It won't give you the exact same effect, but it sounds horrible. 

sounds like he just has a awful mic. my old webcam's built in mic used to have the same effect to a lesser degree.  it was a old microsoft  life cam I believe. 

8 hours ago, rice guru said:

sounds like he just has a awful mic. my old webcam's built in mic used to have the same effect to a lesser degree.  it was a old microsoft  life cam I believe. 

Do you know exactly which model it was?

27 minutes ago, GorillaSTE said:

Do you know exactly which model it was?

Honestly find a dollar store PC mic those should do the trick

On 4/9/2019 at 11:12 PM, rice guru said:

Honestly find a dollar store PC mic those should do the trick

Really? Do you have any software recommendations as well?

On 4/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, GerbilPlays said:

Not the effect I'm looking for. I want one that peaks at a very low db, but its not always loud.

• 10 months later...

ive been tryng to get a mic like this too, i even bought a c270 Logitech mic (Cheapest one i could find at best buy) in hopes it would work but its just not the same. this is the only post i found about this.