Laptop won't turn on but power LED still turns on when charger is plugged in

lazygood4notin

I am trying to fix someones Laptop, a Toshiba Satellite L655 that is not turning on. The person who gave this to me said that they almost never turn the laptop off for months at a time and it is pretty much always plugged in/charging and they finally went to shut it off and the next time they tried turning it on it did not start up. When the charging cable is plugged in a white light on the front of the laptop turns on showing it is still receiving power however still does not start up.

I cleaned it out with compressed air, tried taking out the battery/unplugging it from the charger and holding the power button for 30 seconds and tried turning it on again and no luck, I've tried this multiple times. I also tried reseating the RAM and tried putting in different RAM sticks and still nothing. No fans spinning or anything. Could it be a possible dead CPU? I'm not sure what else I could try next.

Try removing the battery then push the power button for 30sec to a minute. put the battery back in and boot it up.