Processes take long time to start

jjoohhhnnyy

Hi,

I have this weird problem. Sometimes (not too often but not rarely) processes just do not start for a long time. For example I open new tabs on chrome and they are completely blank. I open another one and still blank. Same happens when I try different apps. Nothing happens for a long time. They are not even in Task Manager. And then suddenly all of them start at the same time. 

Weird is that already open processes work fine. Already loaded tabs on chrome work (unless I try different website), games that I already started are working and so on.

Does anyone has any idea what is the problem? It is kind of annoying to deal with it every day.

Thanks

Core I7-3770k

16GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

Multiple SSDs and HDDs (OS is on one SSD, second is where most of my games are)

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 

20 minutes ago, jjoohhhnnyy said:

Hi,

I have this weird problem. Sometimes (not too often but not rarely) processes just do not start for a long time. For example I open new tabs on chrome and they are completely blank. I open another one and still blank. Same happens when I try different apps. Nothing happens for a long time. They are not even in Task Manager. And then suddenly all of them start at the same time. 

Weird is that already open processes work fine. Already loaded tabs on chrome work (unless I try different website), games that I already started are working and so on.

Does anyone has any idea what is the problem? It is kind of annoying to deal with it every day.

Thanks

Core I7-3770k

16GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

Multiple SSDs and HDDs (OS is on one SSD, second is where most of my games are)

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 

Does booting windows or starting any games take very long? Had a friend which was experiencing something similar, but he was using some cheap SSD as a boot and game drive which died after a few days.

13 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Does booting windows or starting any games take very long? Had a friend which was experiencing something similar, but he was using some cheap SSD as a boot and game drive which died after a few days.

Nope, boot is ok and games too. I have ADATA and Crucial 

Nothing takes long time it just sometimes does not even start for some time (does not show any load in Task Manager) and then all that I tried to open starts at the same time.

1 hour ago, jjoohhhnnyy said:

Nope, boot is ok and games too. I have ADATA and Crucial 

Nothing takes long time it just sometimes does not even start for some time (does not show any load in Task Manager) and then all that I tried to open starts at the same time.

Have you noticed that this would only happen when starting from one drive and not when doing it from another? How big your pagefile is and where its located?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

27 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Have you noticed that this would only happen when starting from one drive and not when doing it from another? How big your pagefile is and where its located?

I had pagefile on one HDD but it shouldnt be used anyway. Tried to change to automatic only on SSDs and see if that helps :)

2 minutes ago, jjoohhhnnyy said:

I had pagefile on one HDD but it shouldnt be used anyway. Tried to change to automatic only on SSDs and see if that helps :)

The thing with pagefile is, that its used regardless of your RAM size. Some by Windows (which can freak out if you disable pagefile) and by some software, Adobe most notably.

Another thing you could do, is to swap SATA cables around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv