2X 2080ti

2X EkWB Vector water blocks

i9-9900

Ekwb cpu block

The tower 900

2 X 480 rads (60mm depth)

2 X D5 Dario pumps

(Currently) 1 reservoir 

Im probably going to do a serial setup for the GPUs and Im definitely doing soft tubing. My questioning is about tube size and pump setup.

Loop order is going from res to pump to cpu to gpu to rads and back to res.

So what I want to do is go from the reservoir to a 2 way splitter. Each path goes to a pump. The lines from the pump go back to a splitter THAT LEAD TO A SINGLE LINE. then that single line continues the path (cpu,gpu, rad, rad, res).

I do this for two reasons. 

1. If one pump dies at least I still got power

2. Increase  the strength of the flow.

First, has anyone done this?

Second, this is my first water loop rig so I still have stuff to figure out. Can I mix tube diameters on a rig? Im thinking that there needs to be larger tubing in the whole loop except for the tubes leading from the splitter to pump and pump to splitter. Ideally they should be half sized, right?

Everything is bought except for the fittings and tubes.  

I think two pumps is good idea if you have the space and can afford it lol. You will definitely have faster flow of water (good thing), just don't use one line coming from the reservoir. Use two separate lines so they can feed without fighting for supply. And make sure you use shut off valves on both sides of pumps so if one fails they wont interfere with each other and so that you can easily replace one without draining the entire system (that's 4 shut off valves just for pumps).

If you wanted to, you could do two independent loops where one pump feeds the CPU and one pump feeds the GPU(s), each with their own reservoir of course.. This wouldn't create the redundancy you're looking for, though..

parallel.jpg.d48525ec778d8b6ffaf10253ce9f5e20.jpg

Good luck, I'm building my first loop as well, this is what I've got so far..

opt1.png.e3ecc69609e5dc39820ce36492547c9e.png

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build