Games Keep Crashing

ItsDerekDude

Thursday April 4th I completed my first build. Upon bootup, the computer wouldn't even turn on, I later found the problem as my friend who wanted to help plugged into two CPU headers. Once I found this and fixed it my computer finally posted and I was able to install Windows 10. Yesterday, I discovered that when I'd try to play some games that my games would just crash. Not the system, just the games. Escape From Tarkov is probably the worst and makes my entire computer unresponsive and I have to spam CTRL-ALT-DEL so I can force a system restart that way. Sometimes I'm able to play a few minutes of my games but then the game will just crash. All of my system hardware is recognized including all 32GB of RAM. The only thing I haven't done is activate Windows. Can anyone possibly give me any insight as to what is going on?

Thank you!

Try a stress test like AIDA64 to test your hardware. I've have instabilities caused by anything from unstable power supplies to defective GPUs

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

43 minutes ago, ItsDerekDude said:

Thursday April 4th I completed my first build. Upon bootup, the computer wouldn't even turn on, I later found the problem as my friend who wanted to help plugged into two CPU headers. Once I found this and fixed it my computer finally posted and I was able to install Windows 10. Yesterday, I discovered that when I'd try to play some games that my games would just crash. Not the system, just the games. Escape From Tarkov is probably the worst and makes my entire computer unresponsive and I have to spam CTRL-ALT-DEL so I can force a system restart that way. Sometimes I'm able to play a few minutes of my games but then the game will just crash. All of my system hardware is recognized including all 32GB of RAM. The only thing I haven't done is activate Windows. Can anyone possibly give me any insight as to what is going on?

Thank you!

Hey, umm, tough one, have you tried installing the latest drivers i.e. DirectX? And yeah, you should do some testing like cinebench ;)
GLHF

I may be wrong but if it were a defective GPU wouldn't the screen artifact and if it were a defective PSU wouldn't the entire system crash? Good idea on the benchmarking software. I will definitely install some.

I will also check to be sure I have the latest DirectX driver.

Just now, ItsDerekDude said:

I will also check to be sure I have the latest DirectX driver.

Very good, keep us posted ;) or DM me :)
Zuccers

I still encounter this problem after verifying I have all necessary drivers for all of my hardware. Ran stress tests on the CPU with no alarming results; temperatures were fine. What should be my next course of action?

Try contacting MS Support, or do a last check on the motherboard connections, maybe reconnecting it would do just fine, or try a different os boot, basically download another version of windows :)

I reinstalled the OS on my SSD, downloaded every possible update and driver, and I am still having crashing issues. I am completely lost. 

1 hour ago, ItsDerekDude said:

I reinstalled the OS on my SSD, downloaded every possible update and driver, and I am still having crashing issues. I am completely lost. 

Have you tried reseating the GPU?

Does it go unresponsive immediately when you start the game or after a few minutes of playing?

I have not tried reseating actually and a few minutes after playing. Depends really. But it's not immediate.

Is your RAM kit a 4x8GB or 2x16GB kit?  And have you installed anything like AI Suite?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

It's a 4x8GB configuration; all 4 DIMM slots are populated. It's a Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI board by the way. I'm not sure I can use AI Suite.