Gpu cutscene trouble

Tango4008

hey guy´s maybe you can help me out w/ my issue . 

the issue is that wehn i start my game my gpu going nuts showwing me on the dev´s intros and ingame cutscene´s

1000+ to 2000+ fps in my fps counter at the same time my gpu make like a light screechuing noice maybe someone can help 

( after the cutscene´s and intros its getting back to normal )

gtx 1070 msi aero 

that is normal, it is called coil whine and it happens when you're outputting crazy amount of fps.

Radeon-R9-Fury-X-Coil-Whine.jpg

these are inductors, or chokes, basically just a bunch of copper coils. when electricity pass thru them, they vibrate, but usually the freq is so low you cant hear it. but when you're doing 1000+ fps, they are whinning with audible freq. high quality inductors have its coils encased in resin so they would not vibrate ("solid inductor"), some lower end parts disgises as solid ones so it's difficult to tell which is which.

fx era nvidia cards, and some amd reference fiji cards are known to have coil whine, but it's less common these days. your 1070 is a very frugal one, a card of this level rarely skimp on fans let alone high quality electronics.

and unfortunately it's not fixable, you'll need professional equipments to replace them, while small parts like these cost peanut money, the labour cost is often too high to justify it, let alone it could make your card a paperweight.

good news is they wont break your card, the only downside is your card is a terrible overclocker.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!