SDRAM?

Go to solution Solved by Curious Pineapple,
5 minutes ago, MobiRulez said:

Hello everyone!

I have a question about RAM.

I want to buy another stick of 8Gb DDR4 memory for my laptop (ASUS GL752VW). I have already one stick in it, it is 8Gb DDR4 Hynix 2133MHz. In Aida64, i checked that it is SDRAM. What does it mean? Can i buy another stick? I doubted this because in the specification for the new RAM, there is no “SDRAM”, just “SODIMM”.

Thank you in advance.

SODIMM is the form factor (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module), all RAM now is SDRAM, the S meaning it is synchromised to the CPU clock :)

Hello everyone!

I want to buy another stick of 8Gb DDR4 memory for my laptop (ASUS GL752VW). I have already one stick in it, it is 8Gb DDR4 Hynix 2133MHz. In Aida64, i checked that it is SDRAM. What does it mean? Can i buy another stick? I doubted this because in the specification for the new RAM, there is no “SDRAM”, just “SODIMM”.

Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, MobiRulez said:

Hello everyone!

Thank you in advance.

SODIMM is the form factor (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module), all RAM now is SDRAM, the S meaning it is synchromised to the CPU clock :)

SODIMM is the socket/connector type, SDRAM is the type of RAM.  Its not really discussed much these days but yes its correct.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7