BSOD playing BFV

Dino guy

Hello, I keep on getting this BSOD and saying "irql not less or equal" anyone knows what it means? I only get the error when I play BFV all the other games run fine. I did DDU for graphics drivers and did the windows memory diagnostics both are fine. Last thing is CPU OC'd to 5GHZ @1.32v but it's stable tested in prime95 no problems and runs at around mid 70C while playing. Could this just be the game or hardware issue?

-
i9-9900k
2080Ti
DDR4 3600

I have also chased this problem down in the past. It is not game specific, it's hardware. It has to do with memory timings not matching the overclock of the CPU iirc. Solution? Tighter memory timings or lower OC in general

Specs
i7-6700k @ 4.5GHz w/ H100i AIO
ASUS GTX 1080

32GB DDR4 3000Mh

Acer XB241H bmipr 24" 1920x1080p 180hz monitor
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8qQJWD

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

2 minutes ago, lightning_po said:

I have also chased this problem down in the past. It is not game specific, it's hardware. It has to do with memory timings not matching the overclock of the CPU iirc. Solution? Tighter memory timings or lower OC in general

wdym by "tighter memory settings" ? XMP profile?

I hate to bring your hopes up, but after a bit of googling, I realize I was thinking of a different error.
General troubleshooting stuff : Update Drivers, Windows updates, ect. This error has to do with the kernel trying to access something that either doesn't exist or is otherwise invalid

Specs
i7-6700k @ 4.5GHz w/ H100i AIO
ASUS GTX 1080

32GB DDR4 3000Mh

Acer XB241H bmipr 24" 1920x1080p 180hz monitor
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8qQJWD

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

13 minutes ago, Dino guy said:

Hello, I keep on getting this BSOD and saying "irql not less or equal" anyone knows what it means? I only get the error when I play BFV all the other games run fine. I did DDU for graphics drivers and did the windows memory diagnostics both are fine. Last thing is CPU OC'd to 5GHZ @1.32v but it's stable tested in prime95 no problems and runs at around mid 70C while playing. Could this just be the game or hardware issue?

-
i9-9900k
2080Ti
DDR4 3600

Any overclocks enabled? and yes XMP for your memory is an overclock.

3 minutes ago, lightning_po said:

I hate to bring your hopes up, but after a bit of googling, I realize I was thinking of a different error.
General troubleshooting stuff : Update Drivers, Windows updates, ect. This error has to do with the kernel trying to access something that either doesn't exist or is otherwise invalid

yeah thats what I did too, I updated gpu drivers, windows is up to date 1809, updated bios idk

Just now, Benjeh said:

Any overclocks enabled? and yes XMP for your memory is an overclock.

yes CPU is oc'd to 5ghz

Just now, Dino guy said:

yes CPU is oc'd to 5ghz

An you've confirmed stability with a stress test? Because I'm going to guess you haven't and your CPU isn't getting enough voltage.

10 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

An you've confirmed stability with a stress test? Because I'm going to guess you haven't and your CPU isn't getting enough voltage.

yes prime 95 ran fine

Just now, Dino guy said:

yes prime 95 ran fine

for 24 hours?

2 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

for 24 hours?

no for like 1 hr is 24 hrs even necessary ?

Just now, Dino guy said:

no for like 1 hr is 24 hrs even necessary ?

yes, 1 hr in prime is nothing....

If you want a decently fast test to see if you're stable then you need IBT AVX on maximum settings with a test result of 3.xxxxxxxx it has to be a multiple of 3, if its not then its a false negative.

6 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

yes, 1 hr in prime is nothing....

If you want a decently fast test to see if you're stable then you need IBT AVX on maximum settings with a test result of 3.xxxxxxxx it has to be a multiple of 3, if its not then its a false negative.

AVX on max? isn't that a stretch? my CPU goes up to 90C so I cant leave it on that for long. (I tested the older versions of prime without it & intel XTU's stress test)

1 hour ago, Dino guy said:

AVX on max? isn't that a stretch? my CPU goes up to 90C so I cant leave it on that for long. (I tested the older versions of prime without it & intel XTU's stress test)

image.png.e9016ce2f501475d638c976a0f1f4cbd.png

1 hour ago, Dino guy said:

-
i9-9900k
2080Ti
DDR4 3600

You need more voltage, bfv hits your cpu harder than prime 95.

2 hours ago, Benjeh said:

image.png.e9016ce2f501475d638c976a0f1f4cbd.png

Aight thanks, I'll try tomorrow