Building a Desk for my PC's (multi monitor) Advice?

Hello there fellow Forum lads

I was wondering about your input for my draft plans for this desk

Sorry for the awful draft plans

1. Would you merge the 2 pieces
  2. Would you Put the PC's on the desk, or in a cabinet in the desk? (airflow concerns?)
  3. Would you use Synergy for the main PC and VM machine to reduce clutter

image.thumb.png.9178adc19a5b7a57cdf0471ae8116ded.png

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

1. What 2 pieces are you referring to? You mean make an L desk? If that's the case, yes, absolutely. L-Desks are cool.
2. Generally you want open air flow, but it depends how hot your system runs. You could make it work if the temps aren't THAT high, especially for XP/Linux machine (I'm assuming they are the same rig?). It comes down to aesthetics vs function really. I personally would wanna show off my rig, but speaking from experience with 5 monitors (I've since gone down to 3 just for FOV and usability), There's always the issue of "what if I accidently knock it off my desk and kill a HDD or shatter a panel?"
3. I have personally never used synergy, but I have run a laptop on the side and it would have cut down on visible peripherals, so really comes down more to aesthetic vs function again.

Specs
i7-6700k @ 4.5GHz w/ H100i AIO
ASUS GTX 1080

32GB DDR4 3000Mh

Acer XB241H bmipr 24" 1920x1080p 180hz monitor
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8qQJWD

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

16 minutes ago, lightning_po said:

1. What 2 pieces are you referring to? You mean make an L desk? If that's the case, yes, absolutely. L-Desks are cool.
2. Generally you want open air flow, but it depends how hot your system runs. You could make it work if the temps aren't THAT high, especially for XP/Linux machine (I'm assuming they are the same rig?). It comes down to aesthetics vs function really. I personally would wanna show off my rig, but speaking from experience with 5 monitors (I've since gone down to 3 just for FOV and usability), There's always the issue of "what if I accidently knock it off my desk and kill a HDD or shatter a panel?"
3. I have personally never used synergy, but I have run a laptop on the side and it would have cut down on visible peripherals, so really comes down more to aesthetic vs function again.

1.yes as an "L" desk

2.The XP machine and linux machine are different machines

3. never thought of it that way

thanks

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM