NodeJS + MongoDB Hosting

G1K777
Go to solution Solved by reniat,
6 hours ago, G1K777 said:

I've read a bit about AWS and you pay for what you're using, but what if someone DDOS you and uses more that you want to? So you would pay like 400$ at the end of a month or something.

I use AWS for hosting my discord bot. You can get scaling services that grow in cost dynamically to meet demand, but those are targeted at large scale applications that would rather pay big $$$ than have service interruptions.

If you just get an EC2 instance you pay for the time the instance is active, whether its 0% utilization or 100%, so you have deterministic cost. A single EC2 instance of the smallest size is in the ballpark of ~5-10 dollars a month max, assuming 24/7 uptime.

Hello,

I want a hosting that will run NodeJS and MongoDB.

I'm familiar with NodeJS but not that much with MongoDB, I've learned about MongoDB and noSQL databases but I'm not sure how it's running on a server.
To run NodeJS I need to use a SSH server to install all the stuff on it, do I need to install mongoDB also on a linux server like nodeJS?
The other thing would be, which hosting company should I use? I was looking at AWS but it might become expensive I guess?
I've read a bit about AWS and you pay for what you're using, but what if someone DDOS you and uses more that you want to? So you would pay like 400$ at the end of a month or something.
I have a DigitalOcean account and was using nodeJS on it.
Not sure which provider is best for me.

AMD FX8320 | GTX660 | 4x4GB DDR3 | LG ZR2740W

Logitech Wireless Pro  | Logitech G413 | Nuforce uDAC5  | AKG K612

6 hours ago, G1K777 said:

I use AWS for hosting my discord bot. You can get scaling services that grow in cost dynamically to meet demand, but those are targeted at large scale applications that would rather pay big $$$ than have service interruptions.

If you just get an EC2 instance you pay for the time the instance is active, whether its 0% utilization or 100%, so you have deterministic cost. A single EC2 instance of the smallest size is in the ballpark of ~5-10 dollars a month max, assuming 24/7 uptime.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

On 3/29/2019 at 3:40 AM, reniat said:

I would look into using fargate and just deploy your apps in docker containers.

Though as you pointed out it's up 24 which is why lambda is a great idea you get like 3 million compute second free get month and when there off they are off and cost nothing.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 3/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, G1K777 said:

To run NodeJS I need to use a SSH server to install all the stuff on it, do I need to install mongoDB also on a linux server like nodeJS?

Yes. I'd imagine when they give you a server, it's pretty much a blank slate with minimal packages installed to minimize the surface of attack.