Questions about folding

I was thinking about joining the Folding Team and had some questions.

If I CPU Fold while playing games, will I notice lag?

I have a 4770k and it has 8 virtual cores, could I only use some of the cores (ie: use 3 virtual cores just for folding)?

And If I leave it running all the time, can it hurt my system at all?

Thanks.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Well, there are different settings ranging from idle, light and full. When you start playing games, just put it to idle.

No it won't as long as there is proper cooling

Well, there are different settings ranging from idle, light and full. When you start playing games, just put it to idle.

No it won't as long as there is proper cooling

Any idea bout the 2nd question?

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Yes you can, sorry forgot about that one.

Do I need to keep the client open?

Do I need to keep the client open?

Well, it minimizes itself automatically next to your time (bottom right, dunno what it's called) on the taskbar.

Choose the default settings when installing it.

The client itself has to be opened but not necessarily on your task bar, just next to your sound icon and stuff. You can always right click it and click Advanced Control to see the client.

your components were designed and made to be used and do calculations, having access to this technology and not using it properly is a waste, just keep it cool and you will be fine, it might degrade it alittle bit over time but it will probably be LONG outdated before it wears out,  i think the average life span of a cpu was around 10-15 years.

folding does put some stress on your hardware so i probably wouldn't run numerous intensive things at the same time, that's the reason i made a dedicated system in the first place, got tired of turning it on and off when playing games etc.