Help needed!

Braaaaad

Hey guys! 

I'm currently using an i5 4440 with a 1050 2gb and 8gb of ram, I've got about $600 and would like to upgrade, where do you think my money would be best spent for gaming?

Thank you!

for 600$ I'd replace the platform , run with the 1050 and save up for a gpu later

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

for 600$ I'd replace the platform , run with the 1050 and save up for a gpu later

Sorry by platform do you mean the processer? What would you recommend for the budget?

28 minutes ago, Braaaaad said:

Hey guys! 

I'm currently using an i5 4440 with a 1050 2gb and 8gb of ram, I've got about $600 and would like to upgrade, where do you think my money would be best spent for gaming?

Thank you!

Maybe a B450+2600(x) combo, should have some money left for either:

1. Extra stick if ram

2. Sell 1050 combine money and buy a 1660 or similar if enough budget is left 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Agreed. Also depends on what you can already have-if it’s compatible with a Ryzen build.  I’m running an i5 8600K, which cost about $250-300 or so last year and a Z370 mobo which was about $170. But if I was building now, I’d go Ryzen vs Intel!! It’s cheaper, has more cores/threads, hyperthreading, depending on cpu may come already with a cooler... Also would get the B450 board and don’t know what kind of ram you have, you might actually need to buy that as well (if what you have isn’t DDR4). Should be able to get a really decent upgrade with just replacing those items now and continuing to use the 1050 for a bit. With any money left over I’d get an SSD for system drive and repurpose your other drives.