Ryzen 5 2600x

Gigabyte b450 aorus pro

Corsair veng pro rgb x2 8gb ddr4 3200mhz

Sapphire nitro+ Rx Vega 64

Thermaltake smart rgb 700w psu

Corsair 510 240gb m.2

CiT Raider 4 pc case

Total: €997

Can the 700w thermaltake handle the power-hungry sapphire Rx Vega 64?
I will be play at 1080 and a mixture of different games.
I already have a 256gb ssd and a 3tb HDD. Should I still get the m.2 even though I already have an older ssd?

6 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

Ryzen 5 2600x

Gigabyte b450 aorus pro

Corsair veng pro rgb x2 8gb ddr4 3200mhz

Sapphire nitro+ Rx Vega 64

Thermaltake smart rgb 700w psu

Corsair 510 240gb m.2

CiT Raider 4 pc case

Total: €997

Can the 700w thermaltake handle the power-hungry sapphire Rx Vega 64?
I will be play at 1080 and a mixture of different games.
I already have a 256gb ssd and a 3tb HDD. Should I still get the m.2 even though I already have an older ssd?

I wouldn't get the Vega unless you're getting a good deal. But if you're getting a good deal, that's fine.

A PcPartPicker list is always nice, and the region you're buyingin.

Is that 16gb of total memory? You can get the same speed memory for cheaper, if you need to cut some costs.

What is your current SSD? That dictates whether you'd want to go with NVMe. Also, the HP EX920 is generally the price/performance NVMe king, though it really depends what market you're in.

I'd favor a better quality PSU than that specific Thermaltake model. Depending on your market, grab something from THIS LIST in at least the B or above tier. Corsair and EVGA tend to have the best prices in most countries, but be quiet! and Seasonic can have really good prices in the EU. (650w is the recommendation for RX Vega; make sure it has 2 8-pin PCIe connectors.)

No thoughts either way on the case.

What is your Use Case? Build isn't bad, but it could be shored up a bit.

23 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I wouldn't get the Vega unless you're getting a good deal. But if you're getting a good deal, that's fine.

A PcPartPicker list is always nice, and the region you're buyingin.

Is that 16gb of total memory? You can get the same speed memory for cheaper, if you need to cut some costs.

What is your current SSD? That dictates whether you'd want to go with NVMe. Also, the HP EX920 is generally the price/performance NVMe king, though it really depends what market you're in.

I'd favor a better quality PSU than that specific Thermaltake model. Depending on your market, grab something from THIS LIST in at least the B or above tier. Corsair and EVGA tend to have the best prices in most countries, but be quiet! and Seasonic can have really good prices in the EU. (650w is the recommendation for RX Vega; make sure it has 2 8-pin PCIe connectors.)

No thoughts either way on the case.

What is your Use Case? Build isn't bad, but it could be shored up a bit.

Thanks for replying. I live in Austria. I'm buying the gpu from mindfactory.de for €440 euros.

Yes it is total memory. I'm going for an rgb look(first time ever), so I went with those.

Right now I have an 850 Evo ssd 256gb.

Ill look for another psu maybe I'll find something better.

Thanks for the advice.

3 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

Thanks for replying. I live in Austria. I'm buying the gpu from mindfactory.de for €440 euros.

Yes it is total memory. I'm going for an rgb look(first time ever), so I went with those.

Right now I have an 850 Evo ssd 256gb.

Ill look for another psu maybe I'll find something better.

Thanks for the advice.

You need at least 16 Gb of memory or you're going to throttle that in any heavy Game that can reasonably use the Vega.

You don't need a new NVMe drive. It's nice, but the money would be better on 16gb of Memory. The PSU might be okay, but I'd look for a good deal in the "A" tier.

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

You need at least 16 Gb of memory or you're going to throttle that in any heavy Game that can reasonably use the Vega.

You don't need a new NVMe drive. It's nice, but the money would be better on 16gb of Memory. The PSU might be okay, but I'd look for a good deal in the "A" tier.

I meant it is dual channel 8gb ddr4 so 16gb total memory.

Since I'm not buying the nvme drive, I'll look into a better PSU. What wattage should I be looking at?

Is the Vega good for that price? I can get an rtx 2060 for €80 cheaper.

4 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

I meant it is dual channel 8gb ddr4 so 16gb total memory.

Since I'm not buying the nvme drive, I'll look into a better PSU. What wattage should I be looking at?

Is the Vega good for that price? I can get an rtx 2060 for €80 cheaper.

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Asus-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-ROG-Strix-OC-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1217323.html

That's a bit cheaper.

2070 is the Vega 64 competitor. And the cheapest is 489.

Let me poke around Mindfactory for PSUs.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Asus-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-ROG-Strix-OC-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1217323.html

That's a bit cheaper.

2070 is the Vega 64 competitor. And the cheapest is 489.

Let me poke around Mindfactory for PSUs.

yea but i dont want to deal with the vrm issues the asus strix vega 64 is having, and i cant even open it to fix it unless i want to lose my warranty.

4 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

yea but i dont want to deal with the vrm issues the asus strix vega 64 is having, and i cant even open it to fix it unless i want to lose my warranty.

Np, good call.

14 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

thanks. i think ill go with the 650 Watt Corsair TX-M Series TX650M Modular 80+ Gold

Glad to help.