First PC build

David_Kwan

So I have finished my first ever PC build and I have to say it was an amazing experience!

I find myself lucky that there were no major issues when building it.

Though there were some things that made me anxious. First I tried to do a test to see if the components were working.

First was the mobo, cpu and ram installed. But when I booted it up there was nothing showing on the screen. Then I went to look online and found out I was an idiot and that my 2600 has no graphics...

Since everything lit up and the cpu cooler worked I proceeded to test the system with the gpu installed. But when I tested it there was no signal on the monitor(using display port from gpu to monitor.).

So I kind of panicked a little and tried seeing if everything was in order. Nothing was wrong, cables all ok. So I just decided to boot it up again but this time having the Windows 10 USB installer plugged in.

And it worked! I don't know any technical reason as to why I wasn't getting anything on screen before so please let me know. (Driver issues?)

And after updating BIOS, installing Nvidia Drivers and having Windows Update handle the other drivers my PC was ready.

Did some overclocking of the gpu and got it to +70 core and +1000 memory. I think I can push it a little more but since I could play Destiny 2 and The Division 2 with no problems I'll just leave it as is for now.

Destiny 2 was played in Ultra settings and I got 144+fps.

All in all I am really glad I decided to build my own PC!

WeChat Image_20190321112752.jpg

WeChat Image_20190321112830.jpg

WeChat Image_20190321112820.jpg

PC Specs:

CPU: R5 2600(OCd to 4ghz)  |  CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition  |  Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  3200mhz(White)  |  PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750w 80+gold  |  GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB  |  NVME: 970 Evo+ 250gb(OS)  |  SSD: 860 Evo 500gb(Games) , MX500 1TB(Games)  |  HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm(Mass storage device)  |  Case: NZXT H500(White)  |  Case fans: 2x140 Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM(Grey) , 1x120 Thermaltake Riing 12 series red led

Peripherals:

Headset: HyperX Cloud Core  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum  |  Keyboard: Coolermaster MK750 CherryMX Red  |  Monitor: AOC G2590FX 25" Frameless Gaming Monitor