Gtx 1050 dual monitor

Go to solution Solved by zassou,

here a thing, every graphics card, and to an extent motherboard has a hidden graphics output order for legacy reasons.

usually in this order:

1. vga
  2. old analogue output (s-video, scart, composite etc)
  3. dvi
  4. dp or hdmi.

because you're using two very old monitor and only have analogue input, the system will assume you're only connecting to a digital only display device. in this case, your two vga to digital adapter. and the thing about dp and hdmi is, display device will return infos about their properties, like refresh rate, colour gamut etc.

in this case im pretty sure its your adapters' fault, there's nothing you can do other than get rid of your e-waste monitors and get newer ones.

I bought a gtx 1050

I want to use dual monitor setup

I connected my 2 720p monitors through vga to hdmi and vga to dp converters.

Everytime I turn on my pc the 2nd monitor which is connected via hdmi it detects but other one dp one(monitor 1) doesn't. Tried mayne things but at last found out a trick which is, I need to open multiple diplay options fron windows 10 notification toggles-> select show on second screen only-> then choose extend display.

This works like a charm, but why it doesn't work from the boot of windows? Can anyone help me?

here a thing, every graphics card, and to an extent motherboard has a hidden graphics output order for legacy reasons.

usually in this order:

1. vga
  2. old analogue output (s-video, scart, composite etc)
  3. dvi
  4. dp or hdmi.

because you're using two very old monitor and only have analogue input, the system will assume you're only connecting to a digital only display device. in this case, your two vga to digital adapter. and the thing about dp and hdmi is, display device will return infos about their properties, like refresh rate, colour gamut etc.

in this case im pretty sure its your adapters' fault, there's nothing you can do other than get rid of your e-waste monitors and get newer ones.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!