Thomson 55UD6306 (55") as PC Monitor

Retorak

Hello everyone!

I created this post to discuss if a 55" Inches smart TV can be used as a pc monitor if you lack budget to get a better suited gaming monitor with Displayport and better reaction time as well as more Hz.

So I was talking to a friend who bought parts to build a new pc. If you are interested, or this may come handy as information for the topic, this is his build:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • MB: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill Aegis (2x 8GB)
  • GPU: 6GB KFA2 RTX 2060
  • PSU: 500W be quiet! Pure Power 11

After his purchase, he hasn't had enough money to get a new monitor, too. He just had a Samsung SyncMaster P2250(g), etc with DVI.
But, he has a Smart-TV that he isn't using currently. It's a Thomson 55UD6306 (55").

It features:

• HDMI: 3 x 2.0b
  • HDCP 2.2: Alle HDMI
  • USB: 2 x 2.0
  • 3.840x2.160 Pxl meaning 2160p/60Hz 12bit

He was now wondering if he could use this smart-TV to play games on his new build.
I somewhat thought about he could just buy 2 HDMI 2.0 cables and one HDMI 2.0 Adapter to DVI output in order to maybe use his smart-TV and his older monitor as a second screen.
He want's to play at 1440p, which should be possible but just at 60Hz I guess.
Is that so much worse than a gaming monitor or can the 60Hz turn into a pool of errors with ghosting in games or a bad look?

Does anyone play on a big smart-TV and wants to share his/her experience with it?
I for myself had a 1080p Tv a few years back hooked up to my pc at 60Hz and always felt like there often occurs screen tearing and problems with hardware accelleration in different apps like a web browser.
Does this still occurs over HDMI 2.0?

I would really appreciate good advice and thank you for reading!

tl:dr-> "Is a smart-TV as a pc monitor still not good in 2018/2019 models?"