Programming laptop for college

First off: Not buying for at least a few months, if not wait a year or two

I want a laptop for college around 1200 dollars. I want something with a good keyboard, and preferably a decent screen for movie watching.

I've been eyeing the windows laptop 2 (I don't want the pro, don't like the kickstand). I really like the alcantara and look.

The LG gram looks nice and is light.

I know a lot of people like the blade stealth.

I hear that thinkpads are really popular and have great keyboards.

Out of those, or maybe another, what should I go for?

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

How about the Lenovo X1 Carbon? I heard good things about it

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

53 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

First off: Not buying for at least a few months, if not wait a year or two

Ask again when you want to buy

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, Mo5 said:

How about the Lenovo X1 Carbon? I heard good things about it

Yeah, didnt unbox therapy just get one? Theyre great laptops I just don't really like how they look, which isn't a huge factor, but definitely is one

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

The Lenovo X1 Carbon is a great computer, although for me personally for school I use the HP spectre x360 13", the screen is beautiful and the keyboard is probably among the best keyboards I've ever used on a laptop (I can't speak for the Lenovo). And the laptop even comes in a 15" option as well. And the Spectre is probably one of the best looking Windows laptops on the market IMO. 

I would recommend buying the x1 carbon or any ThinkPad with a decent spec, you will be using laptop lot and you need a reliable one for next three or four years.