Windows Local Password

So I have a problem with this pc where when i set the user password of the admin account to a new one, it changes but when i restart or sometimes just log out and log in again, it reverts back to the old password it has. I have tried changing the password from the ctrl + alt + delete > change a password, change the password from computer management, change the password from login, and nothing changes the password.. it just reverts back to the old password despite saying it was successfully changed. 

I changed the local user password with just the computer management way and it didnt present a problem. I made another local admin with another password i could never get wrong. When i tried to log into it, it says password is invalid. Again when i change the password on the 2nd account via the 3 ways stated above, despite saying successfully changed, the password is still wrong and wont let me into the other admin account.

What can i do to fix this problem?

Are you logging in with a microsoft account or have you attached a microsoft account to your admin account in any way, shape or form?

No signature found

4 hours ago, RobbinM said:

Are you logging in with a microsoft account or have you attached a microsoft account to your admin account in any way, shape or form?

no. everything is local. I might just end up doing a fresh install of windows.. because I havent found people online with the same problem as mine