USB-C port on laptop doesn't support DisplayPort

Luci

So on my Laptop (ASUS model GL553VE) I have 1 HDMI port which is taken by my second monitor and a bunch of USB ports and 1 single USB-C port. 

I bought a new Cannon EOS 200D and I would like to connect it using HDMI-mini to HDMI cable which then is connected to my laptop via the USB-C port. When I do that I get a notification that DisplayPort is not supported by the port I am using (USB-C).

Is there any way via software to work around this issue and make it so that I can connect a second HDMI source to my laptop (even if it is not the camera specific but lets say more monitors)?

Are you trying to display the camera to your laptop screen? Or just pulling the data?

The Display port in the laptop is an output port not an input port.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I am trying to pull in the data and potentially to be able to record with my camera as if it was a Web Cam

Your doing it the wrong way.

Use the mini USB port in your camera to connect to the laptop.

And then install the canon softwares for live viewing.

To use it as a webcam, you can get a capture card like elgato, and then you can connect it via HDMI out from the camera.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I can't speak to your model, but I have an ASUS laptop w/ a type-C that doesn't support any video throughput, including HDMI. Might just be that...