H80i Issues

Hi,

I have a Corsair H80i issue, and before contacting Corsair, wanted to check I haven't missed anything obvious please.

After cleaning my PC case yesterday, when I turned my PC on the CPU temperature hit 90c within a couple of minutes (so I turned it off again) - previous it would idle under 50c.

The pump RPM stays around 2500rpm. The radiator doesn't start to get warm until I move it (it's not attached to the case - but when I stop, the temperature goes up again).

I have double checked the connection from the pump to the power, USB & motherboard fan header (which I assume are confirmed by getting the stats below)?

Any ideas what else could be wrong, or is this a fault please?

Thanks.

CorsairLink.png.4719f7f4579464612a784a34cbf23c39.png

What do you mean your rad isn't attached to your case? Can you add a picture of what you're working with?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

@Theguywhobea Sorry, I've unscrewed the radiator from the back of the case (where it would normally be) - it's loose, resting on the top of the case. Hope that helps. Moving it around is what reduces the temperature.

24 minutes ago, TechNooby said:

@Theguywhobea Sorry, I've unscrewed the radiator from the back of the case (where it would normally be) - it's loose, resting on the top of the case. Hope that helps. Moving it around is what reduces the temperature.

If moving it reduces temps sounds like you either have a blockage or the pump isn't actually circulating water anymore.

@Theguywhobea - thanks, that was my initial thought. The warm is all at the block end, but once I move it the radiator starts to warm up.

Any way to diagnose or fix those, or RMA time (it's under warranty)?

52 minutes ago, TechNooby said:

@Theguywhobea - thanks, that was my initial thought. The warm is all at the block end, but once I move it the radiator starts to warm up.

Any way to diagnose or fix those, or RMA time (it's under warranty)?

I mean they are sealed units so they aren't user serviceable. If it doesn't feel like water is flowing from holding the tubes while it's on, I'd contact Corsair.

@Theguywhobea - thanks. I can't feel anything (but I don't know what it normally feels like. I'll contact them.

Thanks for your replies.