For gaming which hardisk to buy?

benjaminr
7 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

THE 970 Evo NVME SSD  IS FASTER IN GAMING  FROM  860 EVO 2tb? 

Going from a hard drive to a sata SSD is a major improvement in load time

Going past a Sata SSD isn't worth it because it's like going from a 10 second load to 9 seconds with NVME vs 30+ on a hard drive

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Going from a hard drive to a sata SSD is a major improvement in load time

Going past a Sata SSD isn't worth it because it's like going from a 10 second load to 9 seconds with NVME vs 30+ on a hard drive

you mean that one ssd sata 3 in  gaming is not fast as NVME?  in  gaming?

1 minute ago, benjaminr said:

you mean that one ssd sata 3 in  gaming is not fast as NVME?  in  gaming?

it does affect frames per second it only affects loading times

just buy a 2TB SSD and don't worry about NVME if you must have a lot of games installed at the same time.

Or buy a 4TB hard drive, with a 250GB SSD and use SSD caching software to speed up the hard drive load times with frequently used games

but for now I'm out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7MQG3C/intel-660p-series-2tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ssdpeknw020t8x1

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

34 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

this photos is from my hardisk and not from ssd

Hey m8,

Those hard drives should be fine for storing lots of games (i'd go for the WD performance drive, just because i trust WD a bit more),

It'll play games fine but it'll just take a bit longer to load (the fps won't be affected, only load times, though texture loading can cause stuttering if it doesn't load fast enough)

And...I have a 500gb ssd and it's speed is ~500-600MB/s so your current hard drive isn't too bad.

5 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

Hey m8,

Those hard drives should be fine for storing lots of games (i'd go for the WD performance drive, just because i trust WD a bit more),

It'll play games fine but it'll just take a bit longer to load.

And...I have a 500gb ssd and it's speed is ~500-600MB/s so your current hard drive isn't too bad.

the reads and writes  from my hardisk is  ok? this i mean

also  what is  your  opinion  for  black drives?

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

4 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

the reads and writes  from my hardisk is  ok? this i mean

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Yeah, those speeds are fine for gaming. The only downside is loading. Sometimes in GTA V, i get a bit of stutter as it's constantly loading lots of textures but that's the only thing. Loading times don't bother me, it's like the game saying...go toilet and get a snack!

1 minute ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

Yeah, those speeds are fine for gaming. The only downside is loading. Sometimes in GTA V, i get a bit of stutter as it's constantly loading lots of textures but that's the only thing. Loading times don't bother me, it's like the game saying...go toilet and get a snack!

what is  your  opinion  for  black drives?

They are faster than the standard WD Blue drives, they are more gaming/performance orientated...but they come at a higher cost.

I'd just get a higher capacity 7200RPM drive UNLESS i had the money for it. So as long as it's 7200RPM, it should be fine. The only times an ssd feels faster (for me) is in booting and loading/opening apps.

4 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

They are faster than the standard WD Blue drives, they are more gaming/performance orientated...but they come at a higher cost.

I'd just get a higher capacity 7200RPM drive UNLESS i had the money for it. So as long as it's 7200RPM, it should be fine. The only times an ssd feels faster (for me) is in booting and loading/opening apps.

WD Black 6TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD6003FZBX https://www.wd.com/products/internal-storage/wd-black-desktop.html or https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST8000DM005/dp/B01LOOJBNW?

which is faster  from these 2?

I would personally go for the WD black as i've had better experiences with WD (i've had 5 of their hard drives, they are all still working and are atleast 6 years old, whereas...i got a seagate barracuda and had to RMA it within a week.). They both have similar performance but the WD black may pull ahead in some tasks.

5 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

WD Black 6TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD6003FZBX  or https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST8000DM005/dp/B01LOOJBNW?

which is faster  from these 2?

I would personally go for the WD black as i've had better experiences with WD (i've had 5 of their hard drives, they are all still working and are atleast 6 years old, whereas...i got a seagate barracuda and had to RMA it within a week.). They both have similar performance but the WD black may pull ahead in some tasks.

what  you mean  WD black may pull ahead in some tasks.??

what  you mean?

It may have faster speeds in some tasks such as: video editing, loading times for texture heavy games, booting etc.

It may have faster speeds in some tasks such as: video editing, loading times for texture heavy games, booting etc.

Which from these 2 is better to buy? which is faster ,, better in quality and etc?

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/h81m-c/CT11338050

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-860-evo-2-5--sata-iii-2tb-mz-76e2t0b-am/

why most people prefer the samsungs against crucial?

how much endurance has the evo 860 2TB and mx500 2tB?

also in performance and speed which is better?

evo 860 2TB or mx500 2tB?

can you tell me please?

The 860 evo is faster but not by too much, i've got the mx500 500gb version and it's not too bad. I'd go for the 860 EVO as it's got faster raw speeds and is more popular so if you have problems it's easier to sort out. They have similar build quality but the 860 evo is just a bit more 'premium' feeling.

6 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

Which from these 2 is better to buy? which is faster ,, better in quality and etc?

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/h81m-c/CT11338050

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-860-evo-2-5--sata-iii-2tb-mz-76e2t0b-am/

why most people prefer the samsungs against crucial?

how much endurance has the evo 860 2TB and mx500 2tB?

also in performance and speed which is better?

evo 860 2TB or mx500 2tB?

can you tell me please?

The 860 evo is faster but not by too much, i've got the mx500 500gb version and it's pretty good. I'd go for the 860 EVO as it's got faster raw speeds and is more popular so if you have problems it's easier to sort out. They have similar build quality but the 860 evo is just a bit more 'premium' feeling.

The 860 evo is faster but not by too much, i've got the mx500 500gb version and it's not too bad. I'd go for the 860 EVO as it's got faster raw speeds and is more popular so if you have problems it's easier to sort out. They have similar build quality but the 860 evo is just a bit more 'premium' feeling.

IN   GAMING WHICH IS BETTER?860 evo OR MX500?

And when  you say  that  860 evo is faster but not by too much  what  you mean?

how fast is 860 evo  from mx500?

2 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

IN   GAMING WHICH IS BETTER?860 evo OR MX500?

And when  you say  that  860 evo is faster but not by too much  what  you mean?

how fast is 860 evo  from mx500?

The 860 evo is better in gaming and...

the 860 evo has a sequential write speed of 520MB/s and a sequential read of 550MB/s whilst the mx500 has a sequential write speed of 510MB/s and a sequential read of 560MB/s. So the 860 evo is faster in writes but a tiny bit slower in reads but by barely any.

4 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

The 860 evo is better in gaming and...

the 860 evo has a sequential write speed of 520MB/s and a sequential read of 550MB/s whilst the mx500 has a sequential write speed of 510MB/s and a sequential read of 560MB/s. So the 860 evo is faster in writes but a tiny bit slower in reads but by barely any.

in  gaming we need  the reads corect?

also one nvme 970  evo  is faster  from one sata 3 860 evo?  in  gaming and etc?

and  why  you believe  that  860 evo is better in gaming  from mx500? for 1 sec loading difference?

YES, the 970 EVO NVME has sequential writes up to 2,500 MB/s and Reads of 3,500MB/s. And yes, games need mainly reads unless you're saving.

2 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

in  gaming we need  the reads corect?

also one nvme 970  evo  is faster  from one sata 3 860 evo?  in  gaming and etc?

YES, the 970 EVO NVME has sequential writes up to 2,500 MB/s and Reads of 3,500MB/s. And yes, games need mainly reads unless you're saving.

nvme 970  evo  is faster  from one sata 3 860 evo?  in  gaming 

Yes, it's way faster!, u won't notice it's speed much in games though unless it's loading a save and/or loading textures. You will definately feel it's speed in video editing etc though.

Yes, it's way faster!, u won't notice it's speed much in games though unless it's loading a save and/or loading textures. You will definately feel it's speed in video editing etc though.

you mean that in  games  the nvme with the sata 3 860  have the same speed?

Roughly, the textures will load faster with the nvme 970 evo and so will saves but i don't notice it much unless it creates stutter or takes more than 15 minutes to load a save.

Just now, Jacobtechtips? said:

Roughly, the textures will load faster with the nvme 970 evo and so will saves but i don't notice it much unless it creates stutter or takes more than 15 minutes to load a save.

alot of people say that nvme  970 and 860 evo in gaming thereisnt big difference.