initial D pc

ok so this is not going to be a pc that looks like a car or anything, the reason why i named it initial d pc was because in the series the main character drove a sleeper car that blew the cometition away almost every time, now i want to apply to a pc, where the outside is so uninteresting and so 90s beige that no one would possibly think anything about it, now i know that linus already did a sleeper pc but i want to do something different where you dont have to remove or saw off too many parts of the case, i want something that has everything that works, working floppy working cd, hell il even go the rout of keeping the usb 1.0 in, i just want something that really tricks the person, just like takumies 86 in initial D, some build tips would be good.

Do you have a case that you want to use? A beige SATA disk drive usually does the trick for a sleeper, or a black one if you don't have a beige case.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Do you have a case that you want to use? A beige SATA disk drive usually does the trick for a sleeper, or a black one if you don't have a beige case.

yeah i got a old hp compaq case, but that isnt 90s altho it was in the vista days so i guess thatle do the trick

Just now, just that pc guy said:

yeah i got a old hp compaq case, but that isnt 90s altho it was in the vista days so i guess thatle do the trick

If it has a vista sticker on it then you're golden. The only potential issue would be airflow, many old case designs didn't seem to see that as a priority. Some internal pics would be nice, for spitballing ideas.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

If it has a vista sticker on it then you're golden. The only potential issue would be airflow, many old case designs didn't seem to see that as a priority. Some internal pics would be nice, for spitballing ideas.

yeah it has the old vista sticker and it has the amd atholon x2 sticker with it, airflow isnt too bad, its got a huge vent in the front that serves no purpose [at least not right now] i could put a radiator for liquid cooling there

You might want to double check that that HP Compaq case is ATX formfactor, in early-mid 2000s Compaq was known for really odd shaped Motherboards (see compaq evo for example).

If you want a true sleeper, ditch that Vista age case and browse around your local 2nd hand stores and ask staff about old computers in the back.

I know my local Value Village and Salvation Army have an area in the back with a shelf REALLY old computers that they can sell you for dirt cheap ($5-20), they don't put them on the floor bc people don't buy them and they just waste space. 

A late-90s compaq/dell/HP OEM system would be ideal, they're all built in ATX cases before they moved to non-standard sizes in the early 2000s.

Here's a late 90s compaq for what you should be searching for'ish

Image result for late 90s compaq computer

This case would be ideal for a sleeper

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

WP_20190310_19_23_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20190310_19_23_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20190310_19_23_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20190310_19_22_58_Pro.jpg

Also, CD/Floppy faceplates clip off so you don't actually need them in your PC, you can just put the faceplate on and remove the drive to keep the sleeper aesthetic 

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

2 minutes ago, Chronified said:

You might want to double check that that HP Compaq case is ATX formfactor, in early-mid 2000s Compaq was known for really odd shaped Motherboards.

If you want a true sleeper, ditch that Vista age case and browse around your local 2nd hand stores and ask staff about old computers in the back.

I know my local Value Village and Salvation Army have an area in the back with a shelf REALLY old computers that they can sell you for dirt cheap ($5-20), they don't put them on the floor bc people don't buy them and they just waste space. 

A late-90s compaq/dell/HP OEM system would be ideal, they're all built in ATX cases before they moved to non-standard sizes in the early 2000s.

Here's a late 90s compaq for what you should be searching for'ish

Image result for late 90s compaq computer

This case would be ideal for a sleeper

thats niiice not gonna lie, i would def save that one 

6 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

WP_20190310_19_22_58_Pro.jpg

Looks rough, one intake and one exhaust. Some room for decent hardware but a fan mount mod is not a bad idea

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Looks rough, one intake and one exhaust. Some room for decent hardware but a fan mount mod is not a bad idea

thats true but if you saw the front pannel that vent actually has little openings on it so i could mount a exaust mod to that so i dont risk exposing too much. 

50 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

ok so this is not going to be a pc that looks like a car or anything, the reason why i named it initial d pc was because in the series the main character drove a sleeper car that blew the cometition away almost every time, now i want to apply to a pc, where the outside is so uninteresting and so 90s beige that no one would possibly think anything about it, now i know that linus already did a sleeper pc but i want to do something different where you dont have to remove or saw off too many parts of the case, i want something that has everything that works, working floppy working cd, hell il even go the rout of keeping the usb 1.0 in, i just want something that really tricks the person, just like takumies 86 in initial D, some build tips would be good.

and yes i will be playing eurobeat on my initial d pc

17 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

thats true but if you saw the front pannel that vent actually has little openings on it so i could mount a exaust mod to that so i dont risk exposing too much. 

Well, double rear exhaust might not be a terrible alternative. It looks like dual 92mm fans would fit, and front has a spot for 120 or something

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well, double rear exhaust might not be a terrible alternative. It looks like dual 92mm fans would fit, and front has a spot for 120 or something

i would have to saw a second hole through it buuuut, i could use a fan with rly good rpm, and then get the speed fan program and max it out [i dont mind a little noise] or if that doesnt work i could reverse the airflow so its coming out the front lol

On ebay you can find Initial D stickers lke the Tofu one Takumi has on the car.

Put that on a vintage case and you're good to go ;)