Artic freezer 33

I previously was having trouble keeping my 7700k cool without having my computer sound like a Boeing 767 got the double fan artic freezer 33 and I dont know what I'm doing wrong if anything I'm am seeing people getting a little higher temps then mine when the overclock to 4.8 the cooler is installed properly but could the cold plate need to be adjusted I get around mid 60s when playing and the fans sound ok 

5 minutes ago, Jason pocchiari said:

I previously was having trouble keeping my 7700k cool without having my computer sound like a Boeing 767 got the double fan artic freezer 33 and I dont know what I'm doing wrong if anything I'm am seeing people getting a little higher temps then mine when the overclock to 4.8 the cooler is installed properly but could the cold plate need to be adjusted I get around mid 60s when playing and the fans sound ok 

Not sure what you're trying to say... What CPU cooler did you have before? What were load temps like with your previous cooler? What are load temps with your new cooler?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Gammaxx 400 which loads where high 70s low 80s 60s when playing games on my new cooler. I just see people get mid 70s when overclocked to 4.8 so I just want to know if anybody can explain this

18 minutes ago, Jason pocchiari said:

Gammaxx 400 which loads where high 70s low 80s 60s when playing games on my new cooler. I just see people get mid 70s when overclocked to 4.8 so I just want to know if anybody can explain this

It's possible that your case has good airflow, or your fans are running at a high RPM, or that you're running your 7700K at a relatively low voltage for a 4.8GHz overclock, or you're using better thermal compound, etc. It doesn't really matter if other people's testing shows worse results, as long as you get good performance, you're fine.

Also make sure to quote people when replying to them by clicking the small arrow button in the bottom left of people's posts :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

36 minutes ago, Jason pocchiari said:

21 minutes ago, Jason pocchiari said:

You had a gammax 400 and moved to the freezer 33?

They're both 4 heatpipe 120mm fan coolers, they weren't going to be any different, adding an extra fan wasn't going to do much either.

You need a physically larger cooler like the D15 or Neptwin with 2 stacks of heatfins to get lower temps.

Delidding would help the most and can drop up to 20C with liquid metal.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

31 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You had a gammax 400 and moved to the freezer 33?

They're both 4 heatpipe 120mm fan coolers, they weren't going to be any different, adding an extra fan wasn't going to do much either.

You need a physically larger cooler like the D15 or Neptwin with 2 stacks of heatfins to get lower temps.

Delidding would help the most and can drop up to 20C with liquid 

Yes it will there is a 90w tsp difference in the coolers 

3 minutes ago, Jason pocchiari said:

I assume you mean the advertised TDPs? They're basically lying.

The size of the heatsink is what matters most, assuming it has plenty of heatpipes if it's bigger.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

41 minutes ago, Jason pocchiari said:

I own an Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One (the one with a single fan) and that 210w advertised TDP on the eSports Edition (dual-fan version) is a little misleading.

TDP numbers aren't everything, like @Streetguru mentioned, it's the physical size of the heatsink that will determine how well the cooler performs and not necessarily the numbers on paper.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

39 minutes ago, seoz said:

I own an Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One (the one with a single fan) and that 210w advertised TDP on the eSports Edition (dual-fan version) is a little misleading.

TDP numbers aren't everything, like @Streetguru mentioned, it's the physical size of the heatsink that will determine how well the cooler performs and not necessarily the numbers on paper.

Most cpu coolers are bad because the cpu die is so small. Strap that Freezer 33 to a gpu and it will handle 250W with ease.

18 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Most cpu coolers are bad because the cpu die is so small. Strap that Freezer 33 to a gpu and it will handle 250W with ease.

Arctic did that already, it's the Arctic Accelero.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I still don't get this post. You are getting lower temps and wonder why? Is that what you are asking? When OCing, and actually often when stock too, voltages play a HUGE role. So what are your voltages when you are gaming. Also note that max temps others report might be under full stress load which is much heavier for CPU than basic gaming, even with CPU heavy games.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv