Modding Ideas?

Jamie_19

a pic of my build is below. Im looking to spice up my case a little bit, maybe the inside too. However im not sure what to do to it. Any ideas?

rTqujWk.jpg

Eg8O9WJ.jpg

i5 3570K  4.5 GHz   Hyper 212 EVO | EVGA GTX 770  |  MSI B75MA  Thermaltake Commander  |  8GB Kingston HyperX  |  WD caviar Blue 500GB 24" LG Flatron 1080p  Coller Master i700w

Paint grills?

Zip ties and some funny hours of hiding and tucking away cables.

Cable sleeving would obviously improve looks drastically.

Some LED strips for some cool underglow?(near PSu for example)

Spray paint various parts of your PC. Maybe spray the top of your 212 Evo white for example.

Edit: a fancy rear fan. More fans in general, that compliment a color scheme. (white Phanteks fans with black ord blue blades on that 212 Evo for example)

who cares...

A bigger window...

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Zip ties and some funny hours of hiding and tucking away cables.

Cable sleeving would obviously improve looks drastically.

Some LED strips for some cool underglow?(near PSu for example)

Spray paint various parts of your PC. Maybe spray the top of your 212 Evo white for example.

Edit: a fancy rear fan. More fans in general, that compliment a color scheme. (white Phanteks fans with black ord blue blades on that 212 Evo for example)

Regarding the EVO; is it safe to do so? will it affect the cooling potential at all? if not thats a pretty good idea. and also, what other spots do you recommend i paint?

i5 3570K  4.5 GHz   Hyper 212 EVO | EVGA GTX 770  |  MSI B75MA  Thermaltake Commander  |  8GB Kingston HyperX  |  WD caviar Blue 500GB 24" LG Flatron 1080p  Coller Master i700w

A bigger window...

thats a little tough, it would require some fabrication that im not capable of.

Regarding the EVO; is it safe to do so? will it affect the cooling potential at all? if not thats a pretty good idea. and also, what other spots do you recommend i paint

Tape some paper from the inside to the top most layer, so you don't spray all over it. Make sure to get some quality paint. I used something that's made to spray paint car parts, to paint various parts of my PC. (8€ per bottle).

I also sprayed the PCI slot covers and my drive sleds. Looks like your slot covers are break out covers though/ you don't have drive sleds. Just get creative. Look what you can easily remove and repaint, and what would look good in another color. Don't paint fans.

Here's also a neat video that might be interesting for you: 

who cares...

Tape some paper from the inside to the top most layer, so you don't spray all over it. Make sure to get some quality paint. I used something that's made to spray paint car parts, to paint various parts of my PC. (8€ per bottle).

I also sprayed the PCI slot covers and my drive sleds. Looks like your slot covers are break out covers though/ you don't have drive sleds. Just get creative. Look what you can easily remove and repaint, and what would look good in another color. Don't paint fans.

Here's also a neat video that might be interesting for you: 

thanks, i have the exact same card as the video, so it works out great :)

a pic of my build is below. Im looking to spice up my case a little bit, maybe the inside too. However im not sure what to do to it. Any ideas?

i'd open the side window up to a larger size to see more of the "parts"

that looks great, but how would i go about doing this? How would i cut the panel, add the glass, etc?

Cable management and sleeve cables.

Paint those red things to fit the case better

First of all, get a fully modular PSU and braid all the cables.

id rather not buy a new psu.

Get a new case and like many have suggested braid those cables

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

thanks, i have the exact same card as the video, so it works out great :)

That's why i posted it. :D

who cares...

thanks, thats a great tutorial! Very useful.

any other ideas?

wow such photoshop :D

But exactly my thoughts +1

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

wow such photoshop :D

But exactly my thoughts +1

it was quick and dirty, but hopefully a resemblance of what to expect.

thanks, thats a great tutorial! Very useful.

any other ideas?

some quick cable management with the 4-pin CPU power (clip the second 4-pin4

cable ties) and coil the remnants behind the mobo tray. run 4-pin behind mobo tray4

and pop through the CPU cutout. eeks and inch or two. maybe look to run the small

cables behind the mobo and terminate at connection.

some quick cable management with the 4-pin CPU power (clip the second 4-pin4

cable ties) and coil the remnants behind the mobo tray. run 4-pin behind mobo tray4

and pop through the CPU cutout. eeks and inch or two. maybe look to run the small

cables behind the mobo and terminate at connection.

i dont have any cables routed behind the mobo, is it safe to do so? like it wont ground out or anything like that, right?

i dont have any cables routed behind the mobo, is it safe to do so? like it wont ground out or anything like that, right?

plenty safe to do. i use the impressions in the tray to tape lead into and run the cables

under the mobo and have them peek out (as in picture). same for the 4-pin. if uncomfortable,

use electrical tape to hold cable to give another source of insulation if worried about electrical

issues. been a mod for years, especially before extensions and tall cases. snake the 4-pin.

You could create a stealth optical drive. Attach the front grill 5.25" bay cover you removed to mount the optical drive to the front of the optical drive CD/DVD loader. If any of that makes sense? You'll simply need to move the optical drive back afew millimeters so when you open of close the drive, the cover sits flush with the other 5.25" bay covers.

ok, i will try that :) 

EDIT: Looks pretty good, i never use my optical drive anyway, im all digital for the most part.