Flash Drive or HDD?

Scorpio 72472
Go to solution Solved by mxk,

I'd get the HDD because it's going to easily be faster than the flash drive with it's reads and writes despite it's mechanical bottleneck.

hello, 

i'll be doing some photoshop and illustrator work (not that heavy) ill be making some posters

i currently don't have an SSD so i am limited to using either my 

1. my USB 3.0 flash drive which unfortunately runs on a usb 2.0 port because my ancient PC doesn't support 3.0

2. a seagate HDD https://www.hdsentinel.com/storageinfo_details.php?lang=en&model=SEAGATE+ST500DM002-1BD142 

where should i put my production files? to get faster performance?

my motherboard is, https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/fm2-a55m-e33

Note: for those who want to tell me to upgrade i'll be buying a new PC by the end of this month. but i need to finish this work within 3 days

thank you

I'd get the HDD because it's going to easily be faster than the flash drive with it's reads and writes despite it's mechanical bottleneck.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Hard drives may be slow, but USB2.0 will be slower. Most hard drives today can transfer around 80-160MB/s (according to some random forum post I read), and USB2.0 can only do a maximum 60MB/s. 

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15