Internet Setup Question

GeT_drAWPed

I am currently in the process of moving my setup from the basement to my bedroom and I had a few questions about my internet setup. I have an ethernet cable running from my room to the basement where the router is, but the cable comes out all the way across the basement. I can't run the cable along the ceiling so I was looking into other options. I was wondering if I could use a second router, running in bridge mode, and connect it to the ethernet cable, and then wirelessly connect it to my main router. Would that cause any issues, or even be possible?

you are suggesting computer to bridge router with ethernet, bridge to main(basement router) through wifi?

please dont do that. bridge mode through wifi is not very good as you lose about half the bandwidth.

3 minutes ago, Saksham said:

you are suggesting computer to bridge router with ethernet, bridge to main(basement router) through wifi?

please dont do that. bridge mode through wifi is not very good as you lose about half the bandwidth.

Ok thank you. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

1 minute ago, GeT_drAWPed said:

Ok thank you. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

can you get an electrician to run the ethernet through the wall? (expensive solution). 

or, go with LTT solution and run it around the outside of the house (go find the video).