Cooling Soutions

Hiro Hamada
Go to solution Solved by FrostyRob,
On 3/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, Hiro Hamada said:

1. Will an Air Conditioner(As shown) cool my PC more?

2. If ever there was a sudden power shut off during playing high graphics games, would it damage the PC and the Graphics card?

3. Task manager shows high power isage during games. Should I be concerned about it? Can the TX750M handle the heavy power draw from the Graphics card?

4. I simply heard that turning off and on the pc fot many times in a day would shortern the love span so can I put the pc for sleep instead of shutting down every night from like example 12AM to 12PM?

5. I also leave my monitor on like forever! I never turn the monitor switch off. Is that good or bad. Because I use my PC daily 

(The back system fan is facing directly towards the wall. That means all the exhaust air will directly hit the surface of the wall. Would it be a problem?)

Answers to the best of my knowledge:

1. If the air conditioner cools the ambient temperatures in the room it MAY make the available coolers in the computer work better as the temperature difference between the heat generating hardware and the air blowing over them (in one way or another) is greater.  However your current temperatures under a mild to moderate load (as you described) are perfectly normal and not anywhere near a point of concern.

2. A power outage during any sort of electronic usage should not cause any problem.  A power SURGE may, but your computer should be plugged into a surge protector at the very least anyways and if I'm not mistaken many power supplies have some sort of surge protection built in to them now as well.  But no, a loss of power should not be any concern.  Windows may just tell you that it did not shut down properly or whatever when it turns back on.

3. Task manager shows high CPU usage during games?  Of course it does.  Even old games demand the CPU work to display the images your GPU has rendered. Your power supply has MORE than enough power for any possible scenario with your given hardware.  You could go up to a 2080ti GPU and overclock it and still have power headroom.  

4. Turning off an electronic item should never degrade its life.  Something mechanical with moving parts may be adversely affected by frequent power cycling, but computer hardware should be fine being left on, or turned off daily.  It is personal preference. Just allow it to go to "sleep" and it will be fine.

5. As long as your monitor is not displaying any static image such as : No display signal : or something similar that just sits in one place, you should be fine.  The main concern with that is image burn-in with LCD monitors.  I never turn my computer or monitor off. 

And your last question without a number. As long as your computer has enough "breathing room" behind it to allow that hot air to move away from the computer you are fine.  The only major concern here is if you had an INTAKE fan close to that exhaust fan and you were recycling hot air through the system.  That does not appear to be the case so no worries here.

Other thoughts - after looking at your photos it appears that your computer is on the floor, which is ok, but that does tend to create a more dusty and dirty environment.  A dirty system can eventually lead to fans not working as they should and can gum up the fins in your AIO rad.  I would suggest doing some cleaning around your PC with compressed air or similar to clean it out and perhaps move your computer onto a desk rather than leaving it on the floor.  

My specs

Intel i7 8700K

Corsair H45 cooler

Corsair TX750M

Corsair 8GB 2400MHz LPX

MSI Z370 A Pro

Galax 1070Ti EX

Samsung CFG73 QLED Curved

Seagate 1 TB 72000 RPM

NZXT Phantom 530(White)

So I just played a couple of games in my new setup but I'm getting a 45°C when GPU is ideal and 55°C when playing sniper elite game. CPU usage = 19% and GPU usage = 65%(since sniper is an old game)

So I had a weird idea so here are my questions

2. If ever there was a sudden power shut off during playing high graphics games, would it damage the PC and the Graphics card?

3. Task manager shows high power isage during games. Should I be concerned about it? Can the TX750M handle the heavy power draw from the Graphics card?

4. I simply heard that turning off and on the pc fot many times in a day would shortern the love span so can I put the pc for sleep instead of shutting down every night from like example 12AM to 12PM?

5. I also leave my monitor on like forever! I never turn the monitor switch off. Is that good or bad. Because I use my PC daily 

(The back system fan is facing directly towards the wall. That means all the exhaust air will directly hit the surface of the wall. Would it be a problem?)

http___www.currentforce.com.au_Content_Template_images_indoor-unit.jpg

20190221_214046.jpg

20190217_000244.jpg

20190217_000236.jpg

20190223_193608.jpg

As for cooling, your cooler and temps you're seeing are perfectly normal. Any cooler system can be modified to work on the computer, but an a/c of that size would be impractical. If you're concerned, get a bigger AIO cooler.

Turning you're computer on and off does no harm, and putting it to sleep is perfectly fine, that's usually all I do to mine.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

On 3/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, Hiro Hamada said:

1. If the air conditioner cools the ambient temperatures in the room it MAY make the available coolers in the computer work better as the temperature difference between the heat generating hardware and the air blowing over them (in one way or another) is greater.  However your current temperatures under a mild to moderate load (as you described) are perfectly normal and not anywhere near a point of concern.

2. A power outage during any sort of electronic usage should not cause any problem.  A power SURGE may, but your computer should be plugged into a surge protector at the very least anyways and if I'm not mistaken many power supplies have some sort of surge protection built in to them now as well.  But no, a loss of power should not be any concern.  Windows may just tell you that it did not shut down properly or whatever when it turns back on.

3. Task manager shows high CPU usage during games?  Of course it does.  Even old games demand the CPU work to display the images your GPU has rendered. Your power supply has MORE than enough power for any possible scenario with your given hardware.  You could go up to a 2080ti GPU and overclock it and still have power headroom.  

4. Turning off an electronic item should never degrade its life.  Something mechanical with moving parts may be adversely affected by frequent power cycling, but computer hardware should be fine being left on, or turned off daily.  It is personal preference. Just allow it to go to "sleep" and it will be fine.

5. As long as your monitor is not displaying any static image such as : No display signal : or something similar that just sits in one place, you should be fine.  The main concern with that is image burn-in with LCD monitors.  I never turn my computer or monitor off. 

And your last question without a number. As long as your computer has enough "breathing room" behind it to allow that hot air to move away from the computer you are fine.  The only major concern here is if you had an INTAKE fan close to that exhaust fan and you were recycling hot air through the system.  That does not appear to be the case so no worries here.

Other thoughts - after looking at your photos it appears that your computer is on the floor, which is ok, but that does tend to create a more dusty and dirty environment.  A dirty system can eventually lead to fans not working as they should and can gum up the fins in your AIO rad.  I would suggest doing some cleaning around your PC with compressed air or similar to clean it out and perhaps move your computer onto a desk rather than leaving it on the floor.  

AMD 2600x | 16gb Trident Z RGB | Asus ROG Strix B450F | Samsung 860 Evo 1tb | Phanteks P400 | Asus GTX 1060 DUAL

3 hours ago, FrostyRob said:

1. If the air conditioner cools the ambient temperatures in the room it MAY make the available coolers in the computer work better is the temperature difference between the heat generating hardware and the air blowing over them (in one way or another) is greater.  However your current temperatures under a mild to moderate load (as you described) are perfectly normal and not anywhere near a point of concern.

3. Task manager shows high CPU usage during games?  Of course it does.  Even old games demand the CPU work to display the images your GPU has rendered. Your graphics card has MORE than enough power for any possible scenario with your given hardware.  You could go up to a 2080ti GPU and overclock it and still have power headroom.  

I completely agree with your words. Please recommend me a good blower from amazon.in that could give a compressed air. Also read the screenshot below that says something. At 1, I meant can I get better cooling if I setup a split AC into my room and lower my room temperature? The cold air will eventually enter into the case and cool down the components right?

Screenshot_20190305-060237_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, AHaskin14 said:

As for cooling, your cooler and temps you're seeing are perfectly normal. Any cooler system can be modified to work on the computer, but an a/c of that size would be impractical. If you're concerned, get a bigger AIO cooler.

Turning you're computer on and off does no harm, and putting it to sleep is perfectly fine, that's usually all I do to mine.

How can I get a AIO cooler for my air cooled graphics card? CPU isn't my concern right now because the H45 is okay for cooling the CPU