Recommend Build for my specific use case

Luci

So, to start off - I am not sure if here is the place. I checked other topics, but I didnt see any related to "help me choose components". Only separate ones for GPUs and what not. So...if this is not the correct place..oppsy.

What is my use case? I plan on playing games and stream them on twitch (not so specific, right?)  Well I need to stream and record at the same time. The stream will be for twitch and the recording wont have my face/cam and audio input from me, the recording will be used for making clips/compilations.

So at this point I will need to connect my DSLR via HDMI as well as 2 monitors (one for the game other for chat/browser stuff) and I will have `Streamlabs OBS` streaming and `OBS` recording while I play a game.

To achieve this I have a budget of around 1200 euro 

Considering I will need to do a lot of tasks as the same time I have went for this build
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Motherboard - MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
SSD - Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500 GB (internal)
GPU - RTX 2060 6GB (Either Gigabyte or MSI)

Now my biggest concern at this point is the GPU as it will have to do a lot of stuff. The CPU wont be concerned that much so I am okay with going for AMD Ryzen 7 2700 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (if this wont work for my case please let me know), but the GPU...I am not sure how it will perform.

For gaming it will be more than enough...but for gaming + streaming + recording....how does it perform?

If it matters I plan on using EOS Cannon software for connecting my DSLR Cannon EOS 200D to my PC and when I turn it on it takes a hold of the CPU (currently with USB connection, not Mini HDMI to HDMI)

I am okay with picking Intel Core processors I just thought that for multi tasking AMD Ryzen should be better.

Thanks for your time and if anyone from LinusTechTips is looking - please include multi tasking in your benchmarks as with increasing popularity of twitch and how easy it is to stream, more and more people decide to do it. I would love to see your feedback on that!!

1 minute ago, Luci said:

So, to start off - I am not sure if here is the place. I checked other topics, but I didnt see any related to "help me choose components". Only separate ones for GPUs and what not. So...if this is not the correct place..oppsy.

What is my use case? I plan on playing games and stream them on twitch (not so specific, right?)  Well I need to stream and record at the same time. The stream will be for twitch and the recording wont have my face/cam and audio input from me, the recording will be used for making clips/compilations.

So at this point I will need to connect my DSLR via HDMI as well as 2 monitors (one for the game other for chat/browser stuff) and I will have `Streamlabs OBS` streaming and `OBS` recording while I play a game.

To achieve this I have a budget of around 1200 euro 

Considering I will need to do a lot of tasks as the same time I have went for this build
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Motherboard - MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
SSD - Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500 GB (internal)
GPU - RTX 2060 6GB (Either Gigabyte or MSI)

Now my biggest concern at this point is the GPU as it will have to do a lot of stuff. The CPU wont be concerned that much so I am okay with going for AMD Ryzen 7 2700 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (if this wont work for my case please let me know), but the GPU...I am not sure how it will perform.

For gaming it will be more than enough...but for gaming + streaming + recording....how does it perform?

If it matters I plan on using EOS Cannon software for connecting my DSLR Cannon EOS 200D to my PC and when I turn it on it takes a hold of the CPU (currently with USB connection, not Mini HDMI to HDMI)

I am okay with picking Intel Core processors I just thought that for multi tasking AMD Ryzen should be better.

Thanks for your time and if anyone from LinusTechTips is looking - please include multi tasking in your benchmarks as with increasing popularity of twitch and how easy it is to stream, more and more people decide to do it. I would love to see your feedback on that!!

Just, FYI, try https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/ next time, but this is okay for now. My first peice of advice right of the bat, (I'll come up with more) is consider the Zotac GAMING 2060. Cheaper than the Asus dual one, same cost for the AMP edition

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

CPU: i5-8600K @Stock  GPU: RTX 2060 Zotac GAMING Amp  RAM: 4x4GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT  MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A  HDD: 4 TB 5400 RPM Seagate Barracuda, 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim  SSD: Inland Professional 120 GB  Soundcard: built in  Case: NZXT H500i  Screen: HP 22cwa IPS

Server: Working on it (See https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1039535-server-build/)

Laptop : Microsoft Surface Pro 5:

CPU: i5-7300U  GPU: Intel HD 620  RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1866 MHz  MOBO: Microsoft Custom  SSD: Internal M.2  Soundcard: built in  Case: lol its a laptop  Screen: see case: lol its a laptop

Phone: Google Pixel:

CPU: Qualcomm 821  GPU: Adreno 530  RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X  Storage: 32GB eMMC  Display: 5" 16:9 1080x1920p Corning Gorilla Glass 4

Dog: Shorty, Absolute Mutt:

Ears: Floppy  Tail: Long  Paws: Muddy  Fur: Brown

Cats: Chili and Cheddar (Don't Ask):

Cute: Yes  Fur: Soft  Tail: In front of you whacking your face

Cereal: 

Dry: NOPE  With Milk: Cinnamon Toast Crunch  Milk: Whole % Vitamin D  Hot: Quaker Instant Maple  Steel Cooked: Wegmans with Sweetened Condensed Milk

Coffee:

Type: Latte  Caffeinated: very much so  Milk: Yes

Game consoles:

PC ALL THE WAY

2 minutes ago, Luci said:

Now my biggest concern at this point is the GPU as it will have to do a lot of stuff. The CPU wont be concerned that much so I am okay with going for AMD Ryzen 7 2700 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (if this wont work for my case please let me know), but the GPU...I am not sure how it will perform

Well, considering the CPU is doing the leg work for streaming, I'll say it's actually the one doing all the hard work , unless you plan on using NVENC for twitch streaming which I hear is no good.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@fasauceome 2700x was the OP's choice, what would you think about maybe a 9600k or 8700K? on the intel platform

Primary PC:

CPU: i5-8600K @Stock  GPU: RTX 2060 Zotac GAMING Amp  RAM: 4x4GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT  MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A  HDD: 4 TB 5400 RPM Seagate Barracuda, 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim  SSD: Inland Professional 120 GB  Soundcard: built in  Case: NZXT H500i  Screen: HP 22cwa IPS

Server: Working on it (See https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1039535-server-build/)

CPU: i5-7300U  GPU: Intel HD 620  RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1866 MHz  MOBO: Microsoft Custom  SSD: Internal M.2  Soundcard: built in  Case: lol its a laptop  Screen: see case: lol its a laptop

CPU: Qualcomm 821  GPU: Adreno 530  RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X  Storage: 32GB eMMC  Display: 5" 16:9 1080x1920p Corning Gorilla Glass 4

Cereal: 

Dry: NOPE  With Milk: Cinnamon Toast Crunch  Milk: Whole % Vitamin D  Hot: Quaker Instant Maple  Steel Cooked: Wegmans with Sweetened Condensed Milk

Coffee:

Game consoles:

PC ALL THE WAY

The correct forum section would be New Builds and Planning, I'm sure someone will move this over.

All seems good, the 2060 is a decent card and the CPU will be doing the hard work of processing data for Twitch so should be all good.

Just now, AKinsey2468 said:

@fasauceome 2700x was the OP's choice, what would you think about maybe a 9600k or 8700K? on the intel platform

Not really, Intel has awful value and they're worse CPUs for streaming because they have less cores.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Not really, Intel has awful value and they're worse CPUs for streaming because they have less cores.

Good point. @Luci is budget a major consideration? Agree with the core thing.

Primary PC:

Cereal: 

Coffee:

Game consoles:

PC ALL THE WAY

21 minutes ago, Luci said:

The CPU will be the one recording and streaming, not the GPU.

Since there are no benchmarks of recording + streaming at the same time, I am not sure if an 8-core CPU is enough. I would seriously consider Threadripper 12-core as a minimum, but the price hike between AM4 and TR4 is considerable.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Why don't you consider using whatever you currently have as a separate encoding and streaming rig using the NDI plugin for OBS?

So to answer you all - I thought the builds stuff was about stuff related to the builds in the videos. My bad there.

As for the price and CPU - I am not on a tight budget but I cant possibly go over 1500 euro.

So if it is mostly CPU intensive...can I go for a cheaper version of a Threadripper and lower the GPU while getting better performance for the same price?

As for using my current set up - I am using gaming laptop which was fine for playing games and it is okay but for playing + streaming + recording....lets just say I can cook a steak on it. 

As for NDI plugin for OBS...I need to research that.

So for now the open question is - is AMD Ryzen 7 2700X enough or I need to go for a Threadripper and if I do...what can I sacrifice to keep the price below 1500.

Also I am not sure what motherboard I will need for Threadripper as I suppose MSI B450 TOMAHAWK wont do the trick?

20 hours ago, Nocte said:

The CPU will be the one recording and streaming, not the GPU.

Since there are no benchmarks of recording + streaming at the same time, I am not sure if an 8-core CPU is enough. I would seriously consider Threadripper 12-core as a minimum, but the price hike between AM4 and TR4 is considerable.

So I found AMD Threadripper 1900X for around the same price as AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and the UserBenchmarks give slight edge to the threadripper and with the extra cores I figured It will do the job better....but then I started searching for a suitable motherboard and what I can see is 500$+ motherboards.

Can you recommend a motherboard to go with AMD TR 1900X?

1 hour ago, Luci said:

So I found AMD Threadripper 1900X for around the same price as AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and the UserBenchmarks give slight edge to the threadripper and with the extra cores I figured It will do the job better....but then I started searching for a suitable motherboard and what I can see is 500$+ motherboards.

Can you recommend a motherboard to go with AMD TR 1900X?

No the 1900X has 8 cores 16 threads just like the 2700X. You either go with 1920X (or higher) or go with 2700X. Probably you want to stick with 2700X.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 hour ago, Nocte said:

No the 1900X has 8 cores 16 threads just like the 2700X. You either go with 1920X (or higher) or go with 2700X. Probably you want to stick with 2700X.

So I found this bad boy - https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/gaming-komponenten/prozessoren-zubehoer/amd/pdp/2003-004/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-12x-3-5-boost-4-0-ghz-38mb-sockel-tr4-cpu-box.html

So for 70 bucks more I can get TR 1920X which is an awesome deal, but I have to upgrade the motherboard and it doesnt come with cooling. I think I can work with that. 70 bucks + motherboard and cooling should not go over like 200-300 euro.

However I am not sure about the motherboards...the cheapest option is 300 euro motherboard which has 8 slots for RAM so...nice upgrade options there, but not sure how good it is. 

Also, coolers are kinda dead zone for me...this is why I went for a CPU with cooler included.

Now this is the Motherboard pc part picker recommends - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kjmxFT/asrock-x399-taichi-atx-tr4-motherboard-x399-taichi 

So if I go for this build 

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/gaming-komponenten/prozessoren-zubehoer/amd/pdp/2003-004/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-12x-3-5-boost-4-0-ghz-38mb-sockel-tr4-cpu-box.html - 400 euro

ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB (Not sure what Advanced Edition means) https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_asus-geforce-dual-rtx-2060-advanced-edition-6-gb-90yv0cm2-m0na00-2513485.html - 380 euro

G.skull 16GB RAM DDR4-3000 https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/gaming-komponenten/g-skill/pdp/2415-02w/16gb-2x8gb-g-skill-aegis-ddr4-3000-cl16-ram-speicher-kit.html  - 92 euro

MSI X399 Sli Plus ATX Motherboard https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/gaming-komponenten/mainboards/msi/pdp/2303-98f/msi-x399-sli-plus-atx-mainboard-sockel-tr4-usb3-1-c-3xm-2.html - 315

What do you think of this build so far? It is a little bit more expensive goes to 1200 and if I add a cooler and case + SSD it should stay below 1500 euro.

However I have another question for which I might make a new topic -

There is this promotion here which brings the price of AMD Radeon RX Vega 8GB Pulse to be the same to GeForce RTX 2060 6GB and I am not sure which one is better - https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/gaming-komponenten/sapphire-technologies/pdp/2e01-7gy/sapphire-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-grafikkarte-hdmi-3xdp.html

I don't think you can achieve 1920X + good GPU (need it if you want quality smooth content) + monitors etc. with 1200-1500 EUR.

You could consider a PC build for gaming and a separate ones for recording + streaming (requires capture card) but I am unsure if that would fit the budget as well.

This is an hypothetical build I made for you, and it's 1800 EUR without the monitors...

Do you really need to record AND stream at the same time two different scenes? (if it was the same scene it would make it much easier)

Maybe you could/should look into GPU encoding (less resource intensive), but the quality is much worse than CPU encoding.

Unraid Server

2 hours ago, Nocte said:

I don't think you can achieve 1920X + good GPU (need it if you want quality smooth content) + monitors etc. with 1200-1500 EUR.

You could consider a PC build for gaming and a separate ones for recording + streaming (requires capture card) but I am unsure if that would fit the budget as well.

This is an hypothetical build I made for you, and it's 1800 EUR without the monitors...

Do you really need to record AND stream at the same time two different scenes? (if it was the same scene it would make it much easier)

Maybe you could/should look into GPU encoding (less resource intensive), but the quality is much worse than CPU encoding.

So for streaming and recording - I am going to need the content of the game without me talking or my web cam. Reason being - highlight/compilation videos. Compilations of how I die with the screen going black and "Hello darkness my old friend" and some music ...basically editting stuff. 

If during this content there is also a web cam of me talking twitch chat...not quite the same. Sadly the end result I download from twitch doesn't have the `Window Capture` or `Game Capture` as a separate file and I do need it (without Audio Input from my mike as I will record audio for the compilation separately)

If you have any idea of how to achieve that without 2 separate stuff...I am all ears.

Also on my gaming laptop I also have 2 monitors and everything so the externals are not an issue. I just want the PC

As for the build - THANK YOU A LOT!!

I bought GeForce RTX 2060 ( I can return it still so the discussion is still open) and I hope it can do the job)

As for RAM - I have the offer for 93 euro 16 GB (which I can buy twice) G.Skull DDR4-3000. So 186 euro there

Without 32GB RAM(only 16GB) and HDD , RTX 2060 instead of RTX 2070 and buying G.Skull DDR4-3000 for 93 euro on promotion... I should fit in 1500 euro range.

Again, I already own 2 monitors so...all gucci there.
- Is there anything wron with G.Skull DDR4-3000  ----> https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/gaming-komponenten/g-skill/pdp/2415-02w/16gb-2x8gb-g-skill-aegis-ddr4-3000-cl16-ram-speicher-kit.html
- Would RTX 2060 be sufficient without providing glitches in the video?

- Does MSI X399 have slots for internal SSD Storage? Wouldn't it be better to use Internal SSD?

Sorry to bother you this much but it is my first ever PC Build with more unique use case so finding information for my use case is difficult and I am extra careful. All of your help is very much appreciated!!!

1 hour ago, Luci said:

As for RAM - I have the offer for 93 euro 16 GB (which I can buy twice) G.Skull DDR4-3000. So 186 euro there

Threadripper is quadchannel, not dualchannel. You want 4 sticks of 4GB for 16GB or 4 of 8 for 32GB.

1 hour ago, Luci said:

Would RTX 2060 be sufficient without providing glitches in the video?

Depends how graphical intensive your games are.

1 hour ago, Luci said:

Does MSI X399 have slots for internal SSD Storage? Wouldn't it be better to use Internal SSD?

Unless it's NVMe SSD it doesn't matter.

Unraid Server