Xbox one and switching between it and Pc

Hello everyone! I am new to forums, like 100% noob so I am not sure if I have posted in the right area or not >.< . Anyway I well be buying an xbox one soon (I already own a gaming rig that I built in June of last year, and someday hope to get a ps4. BUT ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE OR ARE GETTING XBOX ONES! So please no wars.) (Also I created this account a while ago, and was on once or twice so I have no idea how good the community here is, so sorry if that last piece was unnecessary) and was wondering how well the tv snap feature works. Also if anyone has used it for a PC, I have looked everywhere to see if I can find someone who has used the feature to switch from xbox to steam gaming. I would love to not use up more than one hdmi port!

Hello everyone! I am new to forums, like 100% noob so I am not sure if I have posted in the right area or not >.< . Anyway I well be buying an xbox one soon (I already own a gaming rig that I built in June of last year, and someday hope to get a ps4. BUT ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE OR ARE GETTING XBOX ONES! So please no wars.) (Also I created this account a while ago, and was on once or twice so I have no idea how good the community here is, so sorry if that last piece was unnecessary) and was wondering how well the tv snap feature works. Also if anyone has used it for a PC, I have looked everywhere to see if I can find someone who has used the feature to switch from xbox to steam gaming. I would love to not use up more than one hdmi port!

That should be possible but apparently the lag is kind of detrimental to gaming because of input lag I believe. It would be similar to when you have V-Sync on. But if it doesn't bother you then go for it.