Addressable LED Display

Koxicain

So im currently thinking about going all in on RGB stuff for my PC. 
Right now im thinking of an LED panel covering the PSU shroud with addressable LEDS. 
And i found something on Alieexpress  which looks to be the closest fit. 

But would it be possible to sync it up with the rest of the system? 
Like i have so many ideas for it. I would like to independently control it but also sync up with the system. 
Any ideas on how to do this ? 

The things i would like the panel to do is. 

- Sync up with System.

- Display Audio Spectrum

- Display Custom text

Also for this solution i would need to get recommended the best program for this. 
Hopefully its possible without it being too diffcult to setup :D

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/SZYOUMY-WS2812B-5050-RGB-SMD-8-32-pixels-digitale-flexibele-dot-matrix-individueel-adresseerbare-led-scherm/32911854822.html

PC Build

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold

6 hours ago, Koxicain said:

-SNIP-

If you want to so an ARGB display your best option would be running an arduino with custom programming for designing patterns and different animations. There are lots of individuals who have done similar setups such as this, here is an example. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/weekend-project-build-giant-led-pixel-display/

14 hours ago, W-L said:

If you want to so an ARGB display your best option would be running an arduino with custom programming for designing patterns and different animations. There are lots of individuals who have done similar setups such as this, here is an example. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/weekend-project-build-giant-led-pixel-display/

Hmm interresting. So in theory i could actually attach my fans to that arduino module and be able to control it all instead of using rgb fusion etc. 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

1 hour ago, Koxicain said:

Hmm interresting. So in theory i could actually attach my fans to that arduino module and be able to control it all instead of using rgb fusion etc. 

Yes it would probably be best to create it’s own dedicate control channel as the display would be a bit more complex but with it then it should be able to fairly easily be synced. That would require some custom programming to be able to complete that. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Yes it would probably be best to create it’s own dedicate control channel as the display would be a bit more complex but with it then it should be able to fairly easily be synced. That would require some custom programming to be able to complete that. 

I do know a few electrical engineers that might know how it should get wired up. 
I do know how Club lights work with DMX control. But i think that would be a bit overkill to do in my PC. 
Plus i dont think i have space for that :P But something on a smaller scale as the link you provided should work quite well with the same concept.

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

9 hours ago, Koxicain said:

I do know a few electrical engineers that might know how it should get wired up. 
I do know how Club lights work with DMX control. But i think that would be a bit overkill to do in my PC. 
Plus i dont think i have space for that :P But something on a smaller scale as the link you provided should work quite well with the same concept.

Yeah DMX may be a bit overkill unless your planning on syncing all the RGB lights in your house :D 

With a dedicated controller with the appropriate software it should be very feasible and adding another channel for the regular LED strips shouldn't be too difficult. Here's actually a DIY version of a NZXT HUE+ design someone put up that may interest you:

On 3/6/2019 at 12:17 AM, W-L said:

Yeah DMX may be a bit overkill unless your planning on syncing all the RGB lights in your house :D 

With a dedicated controller with the appropriate software it should be very feasible and adding another channel for the regular LED strips shouldn't be too difficult. Here's actually a DIY version of a NZXT HUE+ design someone put up that may interest you:

Yup that is pretty much what i want. Maybe with a bit more customization looks very interesting. 
Thanks for linking it :D

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB