3PIN RGB to 4PIN RGB Headers

ADDUB2

Hi everyone I have a deepcool matrexx 55 which comes with 3 fans that each have a 3 pin RGB header.... and i recently bought a deepcool 240mm AIO and the fans have a 4 pin RGB header, is there any way i can connect them to my cases RGB controller like the other fans?

3 pin headers are addressable, vcc, gnd, data. The 4 pin headers are for pwm, +12, -r, -g, -b. So I don't think you could get them to work unless you had a controller or adapter or something, somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I was messing with the wiring and came upon a temporary connection that worked but then I lost it... so I think there is a way and I haven't been able to find an adapter of any kind

3 hours ago, ADDUB2 said:

Hi everyone I have a deepcool matrexx 55 which comes with 3 fans that each have a 3 pin RGB header.... and i recently bought a deepcool 240mm AIO and the fans have a 4 pin RGB header, is there any way i can connect them to my cases RGB controller like the other fans?

The more pins the more power. If it needs 4 pins it needs more power than 3 pins can deliver hence why it has 4 pins. It's not gonna work but if it does it's gonna run slower

31 minutes ago, Askejm said:

The more pins the more power. If it needs 4 pins it needs more power than 3 pins can deliver hence why it has 4 pins. It's not gonna work but if it does it's gonna run slower

7ad29c30dea803b1609bd04ff956a03b98be7b99