Is it normal?

BetterThanLife

That i use my Playstation 3 as my media hub?

IDK it's just so excellent for movies, some gaming and Youtube. The PS3 can be controlled with my TV remote since it is a Bravia set.. it's amazing really.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

I have a ps3 with cfw and i can play movies off of a usb through multiman. It doesn't work with stock firmware for some reason, i think it just doesn't like the codec or file type i used but it works fine in multiman's movian.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

Just now, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

I have a ps3 with cfw and i can play movies off of a usb through multiman. It doesn't work with stock firmware for some reason, i think it just doesn't like the codec or file type i used but it works fine in multiman's movian.

I have a super slim i am not sure it will accept CFW.

But i am ok with it stock, playing Blurays.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

4 minutes ago, BetterThanLife said:

I have a super slim i am not sure it will accept CFW.

But i am ok with it stock, playing Blurays.

Ah, super slims don't support cfw.

I found this from this website which should work: https://www.easytechguides.com/play-media-from-usb-on-playstation-3.html

Make sure the usb is formatted with fat32

4. Create three folders on your USB device and name them VIDEO, MUSIC, and PHOTOS (names must be in uppercase).

5. Place all your media files in the right folder.

• VIDEO here you put all your movies and videos.
  • MUSIC here you put all your songs and albums.
  • PHOTOS here you put all your pictures.

6. Disconnect your USB device from your computer.

7. Connect your USB flash drive or external hard drive to one of the two USB ports located at the front of your PS3.

8. Turn on your PlayStation 3.

• Video if you want to play a video or movie.
  • Music if you want to play music.
  • Photos if you want to view pictures.

9. Select your USB device.

10. Press the Δ (triangle) button and choose Display All.

Note: If you press the X button on USB Device, you will get the message: There are no titles.

11. Select the movie, video, song or photo you want to play or view.

12. Press the X button.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm