Looking for a good quality server chassis; probably 2U or 3U

Ericarthurc

I am doing a new server build; it will have a Supermicro MBD-H11SSL-NC-B H11 motherboard (ATX formfactor) and I am using 41tb ssds in raid (LSI MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i), and then a small ssd for ESXI to run on. So it will need at least 5 drive bays. I currently have a 4U chassis for another server I am using and its just so chunky. I was looking for a 2U or 3U case; and would prefer it to be 'deep'. Was just wondering if anyone knows any good ones?

Thanks in advance! :D

what size psu? (ATX, SFX,TFX) also what cpu cooler height? 2U is like 50mm or something i think. also, do yo mean ATX?

16 minutes ago, Phoinix said:

I am doing a new server build; it will have a Supermicro MBD-H11SSL-NC-B H11 motherboard (ARX formfactor) and I am using 41tb ssds in raid (LSI MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i), and then a small ssd for ESXI to run on. So it will need at least 5 drive bays. I currently have a 4U chassis for another server I am using and its just so chunky. I was looking for a 2U or 3U case; and would prefer it to be 'deep'. Was just wondering if anyone knows any good ones?

Thanks in advance! :D

i have several for dell r510 servers / 6 bays 

10 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165082

100$, ATX, however the expansion slots are sideways(??)

haha, yeah that was a typo; the board is ATX; https://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/H11SSL-NC.cfm official info of the board.

Yeah.. the Pcie slots are sideways which would require pcie extension, hmm.. Nice case though! Thanks for the info.

And I haven't purchased a psu yet; I will once I find the case

9 minutes ago, ItchkowA said:

i have several for dell r510 servers / 6 bays 

I am looking for a case without sas ports in the front; I don't need hotswap and I am using a pcie raid controller so drives will be internal :D

Hi, you can use SSD drives in SAS ports, but you can use your own RAID controller and not have to bother with the Dell