Ubuntu Problem

Go to solution Solved by Dujith,
7 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

I'm pretty much new to Ubuntu so I don't know how to try that/what that even is. :D 

Okay, lets start with opening the command line at the login screen. Before you login press CTRL+ALT+F1, that should bring you to the console screen.

From there login with your credentials. If that works you can try to do this:

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-all

Reboot and it should work hopefully. 

Hello everyone,

I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS like yesterday, but today it doesn't work very well. Basically, after I put my user password and it comes to desktop screen, keyboard and touchpad/mouse don't work.

Tried some commands that I found online for fixing in recovery mode but nothing worked...

Is this on a laptop or desktop? I have been having problems with Ubuntu 18.xx on my razer blade stealth, after it wakes from sleep the touchpad doesn't work.

Just now, FredyBobJoe said:

Is this on a laptop or desktop? I have been having problems with Ubuntu 18.xx on my razer blade stealth, after it wakes from sleep the touchpad doesn't work.

Acer Laptop

Just now, Dujith said:

Are you able to SSH into the machine when its booted (do not login yet)?

I'm pretty much new to Ubuntu so I don't know how to try that/what that even is. :D 

7 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Okay, lets start with opening the command line at the login screen. Before you login press CTRL+ALT+F1, that should bring you to the console screen.

9 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Do you know how to find out the IP Address used by your laptop? If yes proceed to the next step: do you have an android device or another pc you can use?

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

24 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Hello everyone,

I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS like yesterday, but today it doesn't work very well. Basically, after I put my user password and it comes to desktop screen, keyboard and touchpad/mouse don't work.

Tried some commands that I found online for fixing in recovery mode but nothing worked...

I think it freezes, could be everything

Is the HDD fine? The kernel logs would be useful, the /var/log/kern.log

What are the specs of that laptop?

Just now, Lukyp said:

Is the HDD fine? The kernel logs would be useful, the /var/log/kern.log

What are the specs of that laptop?

Ya everything is fine, specs are in my signature.

4 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

Its been an Ubuntu thing, ussualy happens with an upgrade. And most of the times reinstalling the input xserver works. Not always tho :( 

11 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Okay this worked. I have tried that already but it seems like it didn't finish successfully because I didn't connect my ethernet cable (thought wifi would work), but with ethernet it actually finished it and now it works, thanks!

3 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Okay this worked. I have tried that already but it seems like it didn't finish successfully because I didn't connect my ethernet cable (thought wifi would work), but with ethernet it actually finished it and now it works, thanks!

Yeah, without internet access that wont work :D Have fun tinkering with Ubuntu.

28 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Its been an Ubuntu thing, ussualy happens with an upgrade. And most of the times reinstalling the input xserver works. Not always tho :( 

This is strange, never had a problem with 18.10

Edited by Guest

Double check you have the correct drivers for your Ubuntu version.