Does hyper 212 turbo cpu cooler is good enough for i7 7700k?

irfankamil
Go to solution Solved by Daniel644,

OK so $50 USD is about $200 in your currency then, trying to look online for PC Parts Stores in your area seams to suggest you may be able to just fit a Cryorig H7 (standard model, not the RGB one) into your budget from a website I found called Lazada (or something like that).

Hi I'm still noob to pc building. My cpu temp on load is around 82c and sometimes reach 90c because I'm currently using cheap cpu cooler. I would like to know if hyper 212 turbo is good enough to reduce my cpu temp. Some people says get a hyper 212 evo but it doesn't available from where I live(Malaysia) and it's hard to find. I have a tight budget probably around 50$

Yeah hyper 212 is fine but with a budget of $200 you shouldn't be looking at a $30 cooler. Maybe something nice like a dark rock 4?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah hyper 212 is fine but with a budget of $200 you shouldn't be looking at a $30 cooler. Maybe something nice like a dark rock 4?

Oof I mistyped the price actually in my currency. I meant $50 cooler. Lol

it helps to mention your country so people can see what prices are like there, PC part prices vary around the world by way more then simply the exchange rate.

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

it helps to mention your country so people can see what prices are like there, PC part prices vary around the world by way more then simply the exchange rate.

I see. I'm from Malaysia btw

OK so $50 USD is about $200 in your currency then, trying to look online for PC Parts Stores in your area seams to suggest you may be able to just fit a Cryorig H7 (standard model, not the RGB one) into your budget from a website I found called Lazada (or something like that).

21 minutes ago, irfankamil said:

Oof I mistyped the price actually in my currency. I meant $50 cooler. Lol

Oh ok. So then you could get the 212 but keep in mind that it's mostly good for bare minimum, or overclocking on super low voltage if you can. Are you buying from a shop or online? We can give you suggestions based on what's available.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Yeah that's one of the common website I used to buy computer parts. I might buy that since you recommended it and it's around my budget. 

36 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Are you buying from a shop or online? 

Online most of the time

2 minutes ago, irfankamil said:

Online most of the time

Then I'll second the H7 recommendation.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Then I'll second the H7 recommendation.

H7 then. Thanks